Campsite near or in Avignon

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Can any of you well travelled people recommend a site either in or close to Avignon.Nothing too noisy and with good loos etc, we will be there for 5 days in June.I fancied Fontisson or Durance Luberon.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Thankyou for your quick reply, David, I had read about this site in your other informative pages. However, they appear to only take 7 day bookings in their low season so I had to resort to asking for advice.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Pont d'Avignon is a Camping Cheques site (www.campingcheque.co.uk) which takes Camping Cheques up until 4th July, indicating that any time up until then you should be able to get a pitch without advance booking. Fontisson and Durance Luberon are both ACSI Card sites - Fontisson at 13 euros, and Luberon at 15 euros (www.campingcard.com). I know as Brits we're used to having to book everywhere well in advance, but it just isn't like that in France - they're much more geared up to people just turning up.

We always go in late May/early to late June - and have never booked anywhere. We use Camping Cheques, and an ACSI card, both of which can give you really good discounts on the normal campsite tariffs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another one for consideration would be Ile des Papes. We used Touring Cheques there last September, but I believe they are also an ACSI site.

Site is large and clean, nice pool and restaurant. There are pitches overlooking the Rhone which are quite pleasant.

The site is about five miles outside Avignon and therefore is much quieter than those closer to the centre.

We stayed for ten days and if work hadn't dragged us back would have stayed longer.

Ian

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Val

I've just looked on camping cheques for this campsite.

Is the name correct?

Can't see it any on camping cheques site, they have changed their map for finding site..

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Yes, Pont d'Avignon is on Page 228 of the 2010 brochure. If you search on the Camping Cheques campsite search, for France in 'Country', and then Provence/Alpes/Cote d'Azur in 'Region' you'll find the link to the site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts