CAMPSITES NEAR ST MALO

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
We are travelling Poole to St Malo and are looking for overniht stop quite close to St Malo both on the way and on our return. We are taking dog with us and will need to do the 24/48hr before travelling vet check before catching ferry home.

Any advice re campsites, booking and vets in St Malo to take dog to?

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
We plan an extended break with our car and caravan in France Spain and Portugal this winter but would like to leave the caravan in Spain for the month of December to come home for Christmas.

I'm having difficulty in finding insurance cover for the caravan while it's in storage abroad.

I can't find a UK company who will cover storage out of UK and Spanish companies require an address in Spain.

Yet lots of people seem to do it.

Can anyone advise me on this please?

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
During the summer season there are many sites that are open in that area but last winter we stayed overnight in one of the free French aires that's right next to the ferry terminal and overlooking a harbour immediately to the West of the port. To find it leave the terminal but go no further than the first round about where you take the first exit (half right) close to the leisure complex and swimming baths. Also open all year is the municipal site in Rennes. It's great - in a large park in the city with lakes and woodland but the site is open. But don't try to get in on a Sunday because it closes to new arrivals on that day!! For a few days or a holiday I can recommend Camping Les Chevrets at La Guimorais wich is about 5 miles east of St Malo along the Channel coast.

Have a great time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
An excellent site at Pontorson just south of Mont St Michel - a little way from St malo but excellent, in the town, and with all facilities nearby. See CC Europe 1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts