Can any one help ?

Jun 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi we have a Lunar Clubman. over the weekend we were in the unit and the water pump just kept running, althought (we presumme) The water tank was full. we kept having to turn the pump off at the control and turn on when we wanted water, didnt seem to have hot water either,,,, any ideas as to whats wrong, is this a job for a repairer or suggestions for DIY us.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
This can happen if the taps are not turned off properly, ie all the way to the stops, especially the washroom taps which are easier to be left just a tad in the on position even though no water is flowing.

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi, about 15 years ago we had a Lunar Kumara, which was a model from the "planet" range. Underneath the bunk where the water tank was situated there was an in line pressure valve on the water pipe. On this there was a little thumb wheel to adjust the pressure. If this was moved for whatever reason, brushed when putting away bedding etc.,it would cause the pump to run continously. To adjust this all that's needed was to turn the thumb wheel back until the pump stopped and check that the water will still flow through the taps when switched on.

Hope this may be of some help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What year is your Clubman? Have you got dual water heater i.e. electric and gas? I have a 2003 Clubman and have had similar problems. As Jeff has pointed out adjusting the in line pressure switch as he has explained will probably sort out your pump continually running. If you can heat the water on gas then it is possible that you've blown a fuse in the electrics fedding the immersion heater, I did! This is easily fixed, just trace the wire to you identify the inline fuse, check and replace if necessary. There is also a fuse in the switch control box, mine is inside the offside locker, check this as well. BUT do make sure that your water heater tank is full before you tuen on the heating system. Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Adjust Whale Pressure Switch

Turn off all taps.

Turn on isolation switch to operate pump.If the pump doesn't work turn the knob on the pressure switch clockwise until it does.

Open taps to clear air in system, turn taps off.

With the pump running and taps off, turn the knob on the pressure switch anticlockwise until the pressure switch "clicks" and the pump switches off.

Open the cold tap, the pump should come on within one second with a single click.If it doesn't, turn the knob on the pressure switch clockwise slightly until it does.Close the tap, The pump should switch off, try again.

Try the hot tap, it should come on within seven seconds, it it doesn't turn the knob on the pressure switch clockwise slightly until it does.Close the tap, The pump should switch off within seven seconds, try again.

With a good pressure switch and using these steps above the pump should work when you want it and stop when you want it to.

If it Doesn't

If it doesn't there could be one or all of four problems

If the pressure switch keeps clicking turning the pump on and off,and you have noticed black bits comming out of the tap, the filter has broken, needs to be replaced and the pressure switch needs to be cleaned out.

The diaphram has split in the pressure switch and the pressure switch needs to be replaced.

If it dosen't work at all check the 12v supply to it.

Check the microswitch inside the pressure switch, (the most unlikley)

Feb 20, 2006
Visit site
I had exactly the same probelem in my Elddis. We eventualy narrowed it down to the wiring for the micro switch. It was shorting out as the tap had worn away the plastic coating of the wire. This was causing the pump to be on all the time.

We replaced the wire on the micro switch and it solved the problem

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There may be a bit of confusion from previous postings. Pumps are switched on by either micro switches fitted to the taps, or by a pressure switch fitted somewhere in the pipe from pump inlet. I have never seen a van with both.

first thing is to establish which of these you have.

If in-line pressure switch, then one of the postings shows exactly how to set it up - the setting may be different when van connected to mains electrics and thus getting full 13.8v dc to when running on battery only, when voltage may fall towards 12 depending on what else (eg lights) you have on at the time and the age and state of charge of the battery.

If you have tap microswitchs, trace the leads and disconect one at a time to establish which is causing the trouble

Jun 3, 2005
Visit site
Sorry but i forgot to mention this ???

we had the floor replaced in the van last year under where the water tank heater is, there is a valve/tap next to it.

would this tank been removed to repair the floor.

will check the valve but problems only been since we got it back but was fine before it went in?

thanks everyone for the advice and will try to locate and check all you suggestions

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry but i forgot to mention this ???

we had the floor replaced in the van last year under where the water tank heater is, there is a valve/tap next to it.

would this tank been removed to repair the floor.

will check the valve but problems only been since we got it back but was fine before it went in?

thanks everyone for the advice and will try to locate and check all you suggestions
By the sounds of it they've moved something to get at the floor so take it back to them or get them out to look at it. As the others have said on my Lexon is a pressure switch in the system that you can adjust. Years ago you could get a little toy like this from RS components but most electrical factors should be able to get you one or the stealers if its shot... good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts