can anyone help the newbie

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
hye to you all, im just starting out and have just bought our first caravan, do we have to buy a special TV or will the little 19" lcd from home be ok. i know a lot of things are to high wattage. thanks

wayne

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Wayne

Your normal tv is fine as long as you stay on electric hook up, you only need the special TV's that cost a fortune if you stay on sites where there is no electricity. We use all standard electrical items, you just have to remeber that when the wife is using the hairdrier you can't put the kettle on.

Regards

Ian

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Wayne

Your normal tv is fine as long as you stay on electric hook up, you only need the special TV's that cost a fortune if you stay on sites where there is no electricity. We use all standard electrical items, you just have to remeber that when the wife is using the hairdrier you can't put the kettle on.

Regards

Ian
thanks Ian.

thats a real help,saved me some money.

wayne

Jan 9, 2006
Visit site
hello new boy welcome to the real world.i always use a normal tv kettle and table lamp most sites are ok if they have 16 amp electrics.your biggest problem with your tv will probably be reception especially if you have a round omnidirectional ariel on top,we suffered for years untill we had a satellite set up from maplins

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi wayne Regards maplin suitcase sat. If you have Sky at home all you need is a dish(from ebay) & a mount such as a ground spike for a sunshade or a tripod you can then take your sky box with you The advantage over the Maplin suitcase is that that you will be able to receive channel 4&5 ( not available on the maplin sat box) & is a cheaper way of doing it, If you are intending to use saterlit reception in the north of scotland Or south of france you will need a larger dish around 50/60 cm

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
HI Wayne re the Maplins system channel 4 is now on there and can found if you punch in 100 on the remote channel 5 should have been now but not sure what has happened

I hope this helps

Regards Sir Roger

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
hi i would not bother with a satalight system, we spent most of our time lining up a dish to get a signal also if there are alot of trees about forget it.

We bought a cheap free view box for

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wayne, Do make sure you use a directional ariel. Standard Omnidirectional ariels seem useless. I didn't want you thinking that their failure meant you had to go for satelite if it's not what you need.

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts