Can anyone recommend a site near Versailles?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
There is a Huttopia site at Versailles which is about as near as you could get to the Palace, and you can get a train into Paris nearby. However, it depends what you call a 'simple' site - I'm not sure that 'Paris' and 'Simple' go together, really!

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Topaz,we stayed at Des Quatre Vents when we vsited Paris and drove in by car To Versailles.I had searched for a simple little site too but to no avail and we opted for 4vents because we had stayed there before and knew there was plenty of room for our van and it was dog friendly too. also it avoided having to tow troo close to Paris.
Thursdays Child

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
Val thanks for the reply. We looked at Huttopia as it did seemed the most convenient but at 120euros for 2 nights for 4 of us seemed quite expensive when most of our time would be spent off site visiting Versailles and Paris. Tuesday’s child – thanks for your suggestion. I’m just about to look it up.

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi, we stayed at Huttopia last year and I agree, it is quite expensive (around £50 per night for 4 then). I also looked at 4 Vents which is around 40 miles from Versailles and the trains from Touran to Paris were more expensive especially as we wanted to spend 2 of our days in the city. From Huttopia we walked to Versailles, about 30 mins, and the station was a 6 min walk from the site - the fare was around 6 Euros return to the Eiffel Tower. We'd stay there again as it was so convenient for what we needed to do, by the time we'd wandered around Paris all day it was nice to just get on the train without having to drive back to the site - we didn't use the car at all.
Just a bit further south is Camping la Beau Village at Villiers sur Orge, this was going to be our second option, I think it was cheaper.

I pre-booked our tickets online for the Eiffel Tower which saved some time but we still queued to get into the lift to the top, I wish we'd done the same with Versailles as we queued for well over an hour there (only 5 ticket desks) - I think you have to go early.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts