Cannot Get a Window off my Coachman, any tricks tips suggestions please i'm out of ideas.

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
I see the method remove these on you tube vids is to lift the window high so this will simply unhook.
but the top of windows on mine seems to hook around to far see photo.
The actual windows I'm trying to get off is the centre one ( not this one ) but this demonstrates the cross-section.
but the issue is the same.

I have been as forceful as I dare. As far as I can see my only option is to remove the top rail but it would be a night mare requiring me to drill screws and the whole thing is bonded
to the van and I would probably ruin this in the process.

Caravan Window Top.jpg

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking at the photo the window should unclip from the hinge rail, however it is preferable to have two people to remove it.
Once the window stays have been removed the window needs lifting well above 90 degrees and with two people each can see when the window unclips rom the rail and drops downwards, so be aware, it drops very quickly.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I can see what you mean about the recess stopping you sliding it off, my thought is that you open the window as high as possible and the window then looks as though you keeping it as vertically up as possible and then the part of the window that’s hooks into the aluminium strip should just unhook if you put pressure down but keep the window high open.

BP

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
I can see what you mean about the recess stopping you sliding it off, my thought is that you open the window as high as possible and the window then looks as though you keeping it as vertically up as possible and then the part of the window that’s hooks into the aluminium strip should just unhook if you put pressure down but keep the window high open.

BP
Thanks yes I have tried that , I even tried levering the bar down with a flat screw driver blade Whilst the window is as high as it will go, any more force and I'm bending metal. I was hoping someone on here might know a trick to this personally I think this might be the reason I cannot find any of these windows on the second hand market. I think the build quality of this coachman caravan is utter rubbish,

May 11, 2021
Visit site
I wonder if application of something like a silicone spray might help? Perhaps there is some corrosion or other patina that is offering some resistance?

Before spraying anything anywhere, please verify it is compatible with the surfaces involved!

Oct 5, 2004
Visit site
I had to remove the centre window on our van a few months ago and had a similar problem. On close inspection there was the slightest outward bow on the rail itself. While I raised the window from the outside, my son went inside and gently pulled the top opening towards him. It must have only moved a millimetre or so but it was enough to release the window. Once the window was out, I put a straight edge along the rail and sure enough there was a slight bow. We did the reverse to refit the window and it slotted in after a bit of trial and error to get the rail straight.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts