Cant find my chassis number

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi

All I can find is the serial number on my A frame but no chassis number, im under the impression my van is a 94 model so it should have one somewhere, no one will insure me witout it, can someone help??

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kaye, is the van CRIS registered? if so then the number etched on to all the windows is the chassis number.

If not, there should be a plate attached near the door at the bottom.

Failing that it y be inside the door, either abve it or to one side or on an adjacent bulkhead.

Failing all that,,,what van is it, can you ring the manufacturer?

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Kaye, is the van CRIS registered? if so then the number etched on to all the windows is the chassis number.

If not, there should be a plate attached near the door at the bottom.

Failing that it y be inside the door, either abve it or to one side or on an adjacent bulkhead.

Failing all that,,,what van is it, can you ring the manufacturer?
Hi Damian

its not CRIS registered, windows have no marks on the the only plate we can find on or near the door has the serial number printed on and weight of the caravan, im beginning to think it maynot be a 94 model after all but no way of finding out. The van we have is a Elddis Typhoon xl

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Damian

its not CRIS registered, windows have no marks on the the only plate we can find on or near the door has the serial number printed on and weight of the caravan, im beginning to think it maynot be a 94 model after all but no way of finding out. The van we have is a Elddis Typhoon xl
Kaye, then the only number will be that serial number.

The number on the chassis will be the model and batch number.

Either give Elddis a ring or explain to the insurance company that your van was made before CRIS came into existance and the serial number is all you have.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi Damian

Hi, thanks for your help

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
If it's not CRIS registered, it's not a 94 van. All vans from 92 onward are CRIS registered. Have you tried taking the drawbar cover off and seeing if the year is stamped on the drawbar?

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
To clarify, when I say CRIS registered, I meant have a CRIS number etched on the windows. Being registered means the van's been registered with CRIS, which many people don't do because of the cost - myself included!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts