Can't Get away, Grrrgh.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well before I retired, we went to France normally every three months for a month at a time. ( I worked overseas). Since being retired, lots of time on our hands, WELL, only been away twice since January, things to do in the house etc. .
Ok now shed has a new base and fence repaired, between French lessons for the next six weeks ( why? We have managed for the last 5 years) and slimming World on Fridays. Arghhh. IT bugs me.

Ok Rant over , What stops you from getting away.
Happy Caravanning. :p

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
well it's the Con that gets me, you wait 50 years to retire dreaming of all the things you will be able to do when you don't have to work any more, then when you do retire there is so much to do [that you didn't do while working] you wonder how you managed to find time for work, it just gets busier and busier, then there is the getting old bit that you never thought about for all those years, you want to do all sorts but the body lets you down, you have to go slower so things take longer to do, the longer it takes the less time you have for other things, and so on.
then there is the hospital appointments doctor appointments, the all day SWMBO shopping trips,
who the hell as time to go away when your next appointment is only 2 days away and you have 16 jobs left to do,

yeah it's a Con all right who ever is up there [if there is anybody up there] must be laughing their socks off :whistle:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I understand Colin's points but for us its blow the jobs, alter the appointments and just go. As for the shopping SWMBO has us down for Chester Fairoaks, that's killing two birds with one stone.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
My garage doors have wanted stripping and painting for a year or two! Looked at 'em again this morning, (whilst doing caravan and car tyres ready for away, again) Thought put roof bars on and take 'em with us. Thought didn't last long!. Now do they have garage doors in heaven? - No, - didn't think so , if I can manage without them up there a bit longer without paint down here won't hurt!

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Work gets in the way ! Seem to spend my weeks wishing for the weekends to come so we can be off on our adventures :) However I work from my home office so at least it means I haven't got the awful Friday night commute before hitching up and setting off like the Hubby has !

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I have the worst of both worlds. Until last winter I worked full time. I now work part time. That means cramming a full time job into part time hours and getting less money than I used to. Then in all the extra "free" time, I look after grandchildren and do the tidying and decorating and gardening that didn't get done in all them years I was full time.

Thank the good Lord for seasonal pitches.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
A day to cut the lawns yesterday, all day today to cut the hedges. Repeat next week. :( How did I manage it when I was at work?

I told you to sharpen that pair of scissors :whistle:

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
WoodlandsCamper said:
A day to cut the lawns yesterday, all day today to cut the hedges. Repeat next week. :( How did I manage it when I was at work?

I told you to sharpen that pair of scissors :whistle:

I'm sure the weather has been wetter since retiring so I can't even get outside very often with the sharp scissors. ;)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Wifey wanted to go away this weekend and I was all set to go? Not likely. Its Cup Final Weekend which I have no intention of watching on the caravan TV.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I would have gone, I don't like Football, but each to their own, Rugby is played by men, with funny shapped balls. !!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
May Bank Holiday Weekend, Had a Funeral to go to today, in Swindon, another mate gone, Driving to there and back envious of all the Caravanners and Motorhomers on the road going away, This evening, picked up a friend at Luton airport, she is back from Switzerland with a broken ankle, to have it checked over. Here I am at home waiting for a call from the wife to go and pick them up from MK, A and E. Hopefully when her hubby comes home next weekend we will all get away to a site, within walking distance of pub, to someone on crutches and a moon boot. Possibly The Willows, Huntingdon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts