Can't read my gas bottle

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
I am trying to work out how much gas I have left in my 6kg Propane bottles one weighs 11kg the other 8kg, I know there was a bit in the last PC but as usual with all these pieces you never get a definitive answer as to how to work it all out using the top aluminum collar! 7.5kg seems to stick in my head for an empty canister but I just thought that I would get a second opinion!

Thanks for your help.

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
Don' worry the back of the Caravan club had the answer I needed, basically a gas bottle weighs empty 8kgs so a full bottle of 7kg of Butane would weigh 15kg when full and a 6kg of Propane would weigh 14kg full. Strange thing is I have one that should be empty and liquid is still sloping about inside (its not the millings in the bottom)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just out of interest John, I use a Gaslow regulator. This includes a gauge that will show you when the bottle is becoming low. It saves a lot of guess work and back ache. You can also use it to carry out an easy leak check of your system.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Just out of interest John, I use a Gaslow regulator. This includes a gauge that will show you when the bottle is becoming low. It saves a lot of guess work and back ache. You can also use it to carry out an easy leak check of your system.
I used to work for a large gas cylinder delivery company,,and even they didnt know if the correct weights were stamped on the cylinders, so trying to sort out the tare from the gross on bottles can be a bit of guess work at times..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts