Car Cannibals and ABI Q1 results.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The canabalism has been filmed in daytime at supermarket car parks. Itā€™s amazing that in such a short time major parts of the front ends come off with minimal tools. The trend is driven by supply chain issues for replacement parts particularly of older model cars. Nature abhors a vacuum and so it seems do the thieves responding to market forces šŸ¤”

Birmingham commuter's car stripped of parts twice in two months https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-65767351

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I gather that some people are having them welded in to prevent that, although it might make replacement if needed more difficult.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Been a victim, lost our tracking headlights and front grill of a few months old Disco 4, right from our home. Somehow achieved without setting off the alarm, but that probably comes with being a professional at this activity?

This together with the collateral damage made to all adjacent items, bumper, panels and bonnet resulting in a Ā£7000 claim, the lights alone retailed at Ā£3000. Police did no more than give us a crime number, could not even come round and "dust it". They did in fairness comment, "oh, we had a few others last night, you better keep an eye on that online auction site"! I am not sure how you prove or even can check they might be yours?

So, every time I see a D3 featuring D4 lights, or grill; a surprising lot do, or maybe not surprisingly, I question are these mine or some other persons who lost theirs to that online auction site. Luckly, we did not lose the rear clusters, these are even more popular" upgrades". Now insurance conditional it is always locked in the garage if at home.

Not the first time for us, over the years we lost the petrol cap and I suspect a few litres of fuel, and in another case the spare wheel off our Peugeot 205. Perks of rural living with a pub a few properties away, where "activity" in the lane is expected so raises no suspicions.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts