Car/caravan electrics

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
I have a freelander & tow a compass 'van. On my latest return trip my near side lights & indicators worked ok but on the offside the 'van lights & indicator didn't. Any of you good folk have any ideas?

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is . Check the plug on the van. Is the wiring O.K. likewise the plug on the car. Are the bulbs O.K

Also check the Earth on the lights.

After all that I'm scratching my head. Of course you may have already done all this in which case I'm sorry I'm not trying to teach my granny to suck eggs.

Best luck

Colin

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hello Graham

I would suggest you look in Yellow Pages and locate a company close to home who actually fit towbars. I am sure they would be able to fix your problem easily and without too much strain on your pocket. Hope all goes well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hello graham---look for the simple first, bulbs and fuses, then earth connections --- the front lights in particular-----the fact that both have gone on the one side I would be looking at the fuses in the van first, if they are ok then the earth connections (white wire)----clean them up---the coupling plug may have got damp into it, or the pins need cleaning, if you open it up and find that any of the copper wires have turned a dull brown, you will have to cut the wires back till you get good copper,if you feel you are not up to doing this, then find an electrician, I wouldn't think it will cost you a lot

bob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts