Car door edge protectors guards for my new car

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
They should not be doing the job as surely you should not be parking that close to anyone? :LOL:
But doesn’t your car act as a parking spot locator beacon. I can park at the far end of a supermarket car park, bags of empty spaces and as sure as eggs are ouefs someone will come and park alongside. That’s one reason I tend to stay with the car. I can hang an arm out or scowl to the nearside. 😂

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
But doesn’t your car act as a parking spot locator beacon. I can park at the far end of a supermarket car park, bags of empty spaces and as sure as eggs are ouefs someone will come and park alongside. That’s one reason I tend to stay with the car. I can hang an arm out or scowl to the nearside. 😂

Spot on. A couple of months ago came back to the car which was parked in a disabled bay with plenty of space on either side and on the driver's door a big chip almost down to metal. Suspect a supermarket trolley.

Annoying to do a temporary paint Chipsaway have quoted £40, but to have it done properly, cost by Chipsaway is £360 as they have to respray the whole door! It will need to be done properly at a later stage if I have have the temporary paint. I am wondering if you can a buy a kit and do the temporary repair myself?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Spot on. A couple of months ago came back to the car which was parked in a disabled bay with plenty of space on either side and on the driver's door a big chip almost down to metal. Suspect a supermarket trolley.

Annoying to do a temporary paint Chipsaway have quoted £40, but to have it done properly, cost by Chipsaway is £360 as they have to respray the whole door! It will need to be done properly at a later stage if I have have the temporary paint. I am wondering if you can a buy a kit and do the temporary repair myself?
Of course you can , at year three on my Santa Fe, decided not to bother fixing the Supermarket Trolley tribal marks, at £250. Sure enough, two months later another one, 8 years later not bothered, I f I sell the car how much will I loose in value. .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Of course you can , at year three on my Santa Fe, decided not to bother fixing the Supermarket Trolley tribal marks, at £250. Sure enough, two months later another one, 8 years later not bothered, I f I sell the car how much will I loose in value. .
Not being familiar with repairing chip, but looking at the attached picture I wonder if a primer is needed as does not appear to be down to the metal? Thanks.

Chip on door.jpg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
That looks a candidate for a Beachball paint pen.
Like Hutch my previous car had supermarket dings on virtually every panel. After PX it was sold via a smaller dealer. Every blemish was gone!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts