Caravan and Motor home club

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
It depends when you want to go. Don't know about others but Caravan Club certainly increase prices for bank holiday periods and school holidays. I find CLs are the best value. Last August I used a CL in Devon where I paid £12.50 per night including electric.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Although we are Members of both "Clubs" this is purley for access to the cl / cs sites, I find the club sites are normally in the middle of nowhere, without a pub within walking distance, C&Cc site Morten in Marsh being an exception. Luckily now retired we can get mid week discounts or over 55 yr old discounts.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We only use club sites to use gift vouchers given to us.

Belong to both clubs for the CL's/CS's which are much better value

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Now in our 3rd season of camc membership. We are a family of 3, so tied to school holidays and our weekends start late on a Friday evening, not for a midday arrival.

Fees at camc sites are the highest we pay, often for less facilities than commercial sites.

An example: Fully serviced pitch at Chatsworth in summer holidays - £34 per night, the highest we have ever paid. A commercial site near to Alton Towers late the same holiday, larger pitch, fully serviced - £22 per night.

Lowest pitch fee £14 per night on a CL

Easter school holidays at Cheddar camc £30 per night, next commercial site on same trip with leisure facilities on a beach side pitch - £28 including access to water park.

We accept that camc are the highest pitch fees and exercise our choice to use them as required. Sometimes the location for our needs is met by camc, like the other weekend to attend an event, and the end of the recent easter school holidays for a family birthday event.

Last minute holidays, that our circumstances dictate as we can't book months ahead on frenzy day for our holidays as retired people can, invariably means we can't get the honeypot sites of the camc at school holiday times.

As I've summed up on review of camc Chatsworth site, pay more for less.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Of the five club sites we have booked at the moment they vary between just over £20 and £26 for the two of us. This is acceptable to us so we stay with club sites.
The over 50's discount is from the C&CC and applies to pitch fees out of the main season. Full details are on their website.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Stayed at one C&MC site in the midlands over the weekend a fortnight ago, average price was 21.40 inc elec on a hardstanding pitch, by my reckoning there was only 1 vacant pitch on the Saturday night! . You know what to expect - ease of access - well spaced pitches, reliable electrics, well maintained grounds, spotless toilet blocks, friendly staff to welcome you! I think you will find that all sites charge according to season - we tend to avoid BH weekends as places are busier and the costs go up. Personally we like the tranquillity and meeting up with other caravanners of like minds as well as having washrooms of a good standard - If you like to be self-contained and use your on-board facilities then there are loads of choices on CL or CS sites with one of the clubs that you know will meet the criteria of the club inspections, and as noted by another reply can be had for 10 or 12 per night..

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
We stayed on a CS (Much Wenlock) last weekend £9 a night including electricity, nice levelish large field, basic toilets and no showers, but then what's the point of buying a toilet and shower and then pay someone to rent you another one.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mogwyth said:
We stayed on a CS (Much Wenlock) last weekend £9 a night including electricity, nice levelish large field, basic toilets and no showers, but then what's the point of buying a toilet and shower and then pay someone to rent you another one.
Did you use the local butcher, Paddy Ryan? A real super traditional shop.
Fully agree use your own facilities where you can.
Downside is filling the water tank :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts