Caravan and Motorhome Club Site Prices

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We manage to get 2 bedroom Lodge with a enclosed garden for the dogs for the week it £450 and that includes all your heating and holiday insurance , we thought it was reasonable
That looks a nice place at a reasonable price.
There’s no financial comparison between touring with a caravan, or using accommodation, hotels or whatever holiday type people choose. It’s down to a personal decision. Trying to carry out financial comparisons is a pointless excercise. We don’t regret selling our caravan as the time was right. And the tow car goes this week and we look forwards to the new car.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Your post #19 wasn’t particularly enlightening, What did my #21 do to offend? I only expressed a possible view of what Ray was mentioning.
Just thinking " don't presume what other folk are thinking about" , maybe I am just grumpy this week. No offence meant.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....if you caravan in the winter months then CAMC sites Can be a bargain.
Hard standings...16amp unmetered ehu....heated toilet blocks are a big bonus in Mid January.
.......£22.30 is the nightly charge in January2023 at one of our favourite sites

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That looks a nice place at a reasonable price.
There’s no financial comparison between touring with a caravan, or using accommodation, hotels or whatever holiday type people choose. It’s down to a personal decision. Trying to carry out financial comparisons is a pointless excercise. We don’t regret selling our caravan as the time was right. And the tow car goes this week and we look forwards to the new car.
Hi Clive with the extra bedroom we have ask my son if he want a few days to come with us this year not been good for him but he always manage to get another job . i hope you like your new car

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
.....if you caravan in the winter months then CAMC sites Can be a bargain.
Hard standings...16amp unmetered ehu....heated toilet blocks are a big bonus in Mid January.
.......£22.30 is the nightly charge in January2023 at one of our favourite sites
Hi Bill if i was fit i would look forward to caravanning in winter but sadly it had to go but at them prices i hope you have a great time but we have some cottages book one in November near Alnwick ,and our 40th Anniversary in the Lakes in February

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Beachball......hope you enjoy your trips.
We've just had our Golden wedding anniversary......treated the whole family to a non caravan trip to the Cotswolds :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Each person has to work out for themselves whether membership of any club is worth cost, and just becasue your a member of a club does not mean you have to limit yourself the using only the clubs facilities, when there can be perfectly or even more acceptable alternatives available.

Some of the clubs benefits in terms of insurance or advisory services may be worth the membership fee to some people.

When it comes to using sites, just choose and use the sites that appeal to you and your pocket. Having club membership may open up some alternative choices, but if the price does not suit your needs then just go elsewhere.

Ultimately the clubs have to consider the economics of running their sites, and if usage drops becasue of prices they will have to either find some way to make them even more attractive or ultimately reduce prices to be closer to the normal commercial sites.

Vote with your feet.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
CAMC has served me well for decades, in particular their caravan and breakdown insurance. I enjoy the magazine especially the section on CL changes.

We stayed at CAMC St . Agnes last year. No toilet block but 16amp EHU ( CAMC standard). Luckily we had an excellent pitch with great views. I hate not knowing what pitch I’ll get until arrival. Trewethett Farm being one.

Price wise I find CAMC ok although CLs have been our main stay for many years.
One of our regular CLs is £20 per night FSP, views to take your breath away but payg 16 amp EHU. Mid winter , full heating etc cost £5.00 a day last March.

A lot of Commercial sites have gradually closed down their touring pitches replacing them with statics and pods. That is a shame but a sign of the times?

One of favourites in Northumberland is FSP 16 amp excellent facilities, no bar ,but there is a hostelry 200 yards walk. Peak price £28.85 per night inclusive. Superb location but no view as such.

We always check U.K. campsites for the details of all sites in our chosen area and more importantly the reviews 95% of which are fairly stated. So there is a balance to be had and I cannot label anyone type dearer or cheaper.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Same as your thoughts Bertieboy, last week looked to stay at there site near Looe, £141.00 for 3 night's, went 15 mins up the road, lovely site, £93.00.
BUT it wouldnt make me want to give up !!!
I joined them only this year as the van insurance was better then the C&CC, more than saved my membership fee.
Also will be changing later in the year from C&CC Arrival to there Mayday as again a lot cheaper.
Just hook up and go elsewhere.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is "Mayday" just another name for Greenflag which is available without joining the club.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is "Mayday" just another name for Greenflag which is available without joining the club.
AS OC posted, Mayday isn't identical to Greenflag itself, as Mayday has features not available to other Greenflag customers - like the lack of size restriction and the double cover to/from campsite if the breakdown is during a holiday.

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts