Caravan Blinds

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The advice given in the manuals is not to leave blinds/flyscreens in the down position for winterisation. On the site were I keep my van I have noticed that about 90% of owners leave their blinds down all the time. Does anyone have experience of this practice weakening the tension springs?

I am tempted to do likewise especially in the summer as the damage i.e fading of the seating fabrics would be even more costly to replace.

Regards Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim

I have heard other caravanners who've said their blinds needed re-tensioning after leaving them down for long periods.

I (reluctantly) resort to leaving the curtains closed and clasp them together with a clothes peg to prevent the fabric edges from being exposed to the the sunlight & fading them. I also move the seat back cushions away from immediately beneath the windows.

You could also cut some snug fitting cardboard (or similar) templates out for each window and fix them inside each window when the van is not in use if you prefer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim

I have heard other caravanners who've said their blinds needed re-tensioning after leaving them down for long periods.

I (reluctantly) resort to leaving the curtains closed and clasp them together with a clothes peg to prevent the fabric edges from being exposed to the the sunlight & fading them. I also move the seat back cushions away from immediately beneath the windows.

You could also cut some snug fitting cardboard (or similar) templates out for each window and fix them inside each window when the van is not in use if you prefer.
I have been on a few caravan web sites and the repeated advice is leave blinds up rather than down. I personally open and close them regularly when the van is not in use for long periods.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim

We leave ours down all the time - we've one big window across the front and a south-facing storage area. We've had no problems having to re-tension the blinds - and our van is four years old this year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim

We leave ours down all the time - we've one big window across the front and a south-facing storage area. We've had no problems having to re-tension the blinds - and our van is four years old this year.

TRENDING THREADS