CARAVAN BODY COLOUR--WHY WHITE

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave, quite simply because they have found thatthe present colours are acceptable to the majority of buyers.

Secondly, colour choices are fads, and peoples likes change very frequently, if a maker was to produce different coloured vans, they may well be left with many of one colour which they cannot sell.

Unlike cars, vans do not tend to change spec very often, and then only minor thngs, and the van market is not as rapid as the car market.

Itis also down to cost of parts. It is much cheaper to produce one colour than diferent colours, hence sticking to the lighter colours.

From a road safety point of view, White is seen as one of the safest colours, easily seen in all conditions, unlike some colours where the vehicle becomes almost invisible incertain light.

Lastly, it is what is acceptable to many councils who grant site licences, and what they see as acceptable "uniformity" and minimal visual impact

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I noticed the germans now are offering "silver" painted ones and of course the US Airstream is polished aluminium.

Personally I liked the "cream" of yesteryears Castletons for example and certainly find white preferable to those silver ones.

Only buyer choice reflected in what new and secondhand purchases are made is likely to drive the manufacturers to venture far.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Back in the sixties and seventies, there used to be a greater choice of colour, and personally I think it is a shame the industry now seems so fixated on white and cream. Certainly these colours are visible on the road, but they are also highly visible in site. I'm sure we have all, when out and about, come across a lovely view that has been marred by the glare of white from a caravan site somewhere in the distance. More natural colours - greens, browns, even blues, would have much less visual impact and would certainly get my vote.

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I certainly prefer a WHITE van.

Why ?

Because I caravan abroad, and a reflective white is far better in the sun near the Med.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
One reason for white is basic physics. Dark colours not only absorb heat more readily than light colours, but also radiate the heat more easily too. So in the summer you'll be needing an even bigger aircon system, and in the winter only full cenral heating will do!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts