Caravan body strength

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Well our Sterling Topaz body is stronger than I thought it would be. Year 2000 I caught the concrete fence post of our neighbour garden. Not only had knocked it forward but also cracked it. The gravel board also has been cracked. Damage to rear RH corner of caravan , awning rail bent , it had pulled out from body, several cracks in gel coat and where the screws were pulled out it took the gel coat back to the matting , this was only small patches. As the rear light assembly was hit also on the corner this had to be replaced. I placed clear tape over damage and if you stand back from the caravan it does not notice much at all. Awaiting for it to go in to repair shop.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Robert_374373903 said:
Well our Sterling Topaz body is stronger than I thought it would be. Year 2000 I caught the concrete fence post of our neighbour garden. Not only had knocked it forward but also cracked it. The gravel board also has been cracked. Damage to rear RH corner of caravan , awning rail bent , it had pulled out from body, several cracks in gel coat and where the screws were pulled out it took the gel coat back to the matting , this was only small patches. As the rear light assembly was hit also on the corner this had to be replaced. I placed clear tape over damage and if you stand back from the caravan it does not notice much at all. Awaiting for it to go in to repair shop.

Good to see that you are taking some positives from a regrettable incident, well done B)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts