Caravan break down

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi We are off to France at the end of August for 5 weeks.My tow car is covered for break down under the Kia warranty.Has anyone arranged break down cover just for the caravan? if so what price etc.I know that rthe van will be recovered should the car break down but if it is just a problem with the van think I would have to make alternative arrangements your comments would be appreciated

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mac

That's the CCC Members policy. Do you have to be a member to buy it?

Is there a supplementary premium for trips outside the UK, including Ireland?

Cheers

Dustydog

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply the only problem is that the car is already covered by the RAC in this country by Kia so it would seem to be a bit of a waste to cover it again and would prefer to get seperate cover for the van

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
John, like you my Kia is covered by Kia assist, but I could not find any recovery service that just covered the van, because it is over 7 metres.

In the end I took up the RAC Arrival option from the C&CC.

Had to use it this year when the turbo blew in the south of France. Absolutely brilliant service, no hassle, free hire car till mine repaired (10 days ) and kept in touch till we returned home, just to make sure we were ok.

Steve W

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that Steve,my van is also over that length so it looks like being the CCC arrival will be the best option any ideas as to what price you paid?

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
As far as ADAC goes, I read this on their website "Your vehicle was stolen on a journey or immobilized. We will cover the costs of a hire car up to seven days (52 EUR per day) for any route you choose (max. 364.- EUR)."

There is the first difference straight away, I was given a hire car for 10 days, would have been more if the car had taken longer. After seeing that I didn't bother to look any further.. I would have been sitting on my ar** for 3 days unable to enjoy the holiday I paid a lot of money for.

Steve W

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
If you want to know anything at all about ADAC contact Lutz on this Forum he will translate or help you as he is covered with them too and helped me a lot. I think he may still be on holiday so it may take a day or two for him to reply

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies have signed up with RAC as it seems to give me the cover I need also it was nice to know it works well as stated by Steve.Sorry you had the breakdown but your experience seems to heve been a positive result with the RAC.Once again thanks to all

Cheers John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts