CARAVAN BREAKDOWN COVER

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
I have asked this question before but have not yet got the answer

Where can I get breakdown cover for my caravan. I have RAC on the car but it does not cover the caravan and I have found this with most break down cover. What would happen for instance if a wheel bearing went on the caravan?Where can I get cover for this sort of breakdown that doesn't cost the earth does anyone have any info. please?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Caravan club cover for us. What I like is that if the driver cannot drive, they'll come and get you even if van is not broken down. Hence if OH puts his back out I won't have to tow the van home.

mel

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Yes I'm with the Caravan Club Mayday as well and being a ex RAC patrol I have to say it is probably better and cheaper cover.

Feb 7, 2008
Visit site
Morganic,

The Camping and Caravan Club have an arangemnt with the RAC. If you are a club member then you are eligible for RAC 'Arrival'. This is specific cover for your caravan and is free if you are a C&CC member.

Seems to me your best bet is to join the C&CC if you are aleady in the RAC and they will issue you with a new card. Plus you get all the C&CC benefits which in my opinion is the better club anyway.

John

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We have just taken out Breakdown Cover with German ADAC for 98.70 Euro's. This covers the person + partner not the car. Covers all of the UK and Europe for 1 year. Also covers caravan single or twin-axle up to 10 meters long. You have to be careful who you go with as they do not always cover large caravans.

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
hi, we have our sedona and avondale rialto covered by age concern. we get home start, get you home or to your destination, hotel in case of accident, hire car and expences for member of family to come and drive your car home for you if you are taken ill. etc,. etc,. cost us &59 per year. i dont think it matters if your old like us or not. lol. regards ray

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
We had Caravan Club Red Pennant cover when we towed down to Swizerland. We unfortunately brokedown in France. Police called a breakdown service who recovered us to their recovery yard. The driver phoned Green Flag using the number provided by the CC. We were then taken to an excellent caravan site at Chalons En Champagne. They took our Frontera to a Opel dealer the next day for repair. Turned out to be a seized bearing on the fanbelt tensioning pulley. We got the Frontera back that day with a bill of

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts