Caravan Buddies

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Help.....we love caravanning and are often seen pulling our much loved family member around the countryside but the only problem is our many friends think we are mad whilst they book their holidays in the sun.

We are mid 30's with a teenager based in the west country and just long to get some caravan buddies - where does one go and are there any websites. Does anyone else out there face a similar dilemma - your thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why don't you join one (or both) of the caravan clubs and go along to a rally. Or you could see it there is an owners club for the van you have. They ofter arrange rallies. Even if you don't take to rallying, you will find some new friends and perhpas organise your own break-away events with just a few new found friends.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had quips from "friends" who say that we are slumming it going caravanning. I would not make them any wiser by explaining the costs etc.,

What I do is to wander around this wonderfull country of ours taking a photo here and a photo there.

I often look at the news about holidays in hell, flight delays etc,etc. and know the the heavy price I pay being a vanner is worth every penny.

When you are on sites no matter whether they are club, rallies Cl's or commercial you will eventually meet compatiple people and from there to forge a long lasting and meaningfull friendship.

we found a freindship through our boy who like most young people forge friendships with a girl, he never tied the knot with that girl but we all remain friends for life

IMHO

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are a young caravanning couple- I am 31 and my good lady is 25- we take pride in our caravanning and have a 2004 Bailey towed with a 2004 Golf. We meet loads of people on site- we do visit mostly quieter sites though where a 'Good Morning' usually turns into a 20 min chat! People are usually pleased that a young couple are into carvanning and breaks the ice! We are members of the CC and the C&CC too, find that we prefer the CC sites. I don't fancy the rallying scene yet (still like to be in a quiet corner of the site) but do always wonder if I have ever passed on the road- or been on the same site as some of the people on this forum? I have had some good advice from people on here and would be great to meet some one day!

Finally- people not understanding why you caravan? Show them yours- it soon shuts them up. We shown our

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Liz, we can see where you are coming from as we lost some good friend 6 years ago when we took up caravanning,however over the years we have meet some very nice people on our travels, as previous replies have stated nearly everyone on site chats and club D A meets are ok but can be clicky.

From your posting it looks like you are looking for close friends who will caravan with you, if that is so we have yet to find the answer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts