Caravan Caerpet

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
I am Replacing my caravan carpet after Injecting and repairing the floor,Has anyone replaced theres with a normal household bathroom carpet as this has a rubber backing and i thought i would get a better wear,is there any fors or against,Thanks for replys in advance,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Eddie

We replaced the carpet for no other reason that it looked warn and tatty.

I decided to use rubber foam backed carpet tiles that in the end I bought from a "warehouse" type place and assumed they were bankrupt stock or seconds but even though we inspected each one very carefully no visible problem could be seen. They were about 22" x 22" and very easy to work with using a Stanley knife. They were also remarkably inexpensive at less than a

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi eddie we had a cupboard come open whilst on the move leaving HP sauce all over one end of the carpet i managed to get an off cut from a carpet wharhouse for

G

Why have a carpet? It gets dirty, stains and usually smells after a while. Go the European route and have vinyl floor, easily wiped and no marks.

Feb 22, 2006
Visit site
Why have a carpet? It gets dirty, stains and usually smells after a while. Go the European route and have vinyl floor, easily wiped and no marks.
we just buy offcuts - get the local carpet shop to reccomend a fitter and job done ! cheap enough to do every year, if you want a removable one, ask if they ( or someone else has ) a 'Binding ' machine to do the edges.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts