caravan /car /wheel,s??????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
can any one tell me can you use wheel,s from a car and put them on a caravan, i,ve got a twin axle caravan and the wheel,s are so slim , i thought possibly a car wheel.also i have noticed the caravan has no suspension accept for the torsion rubber,s in the axle .by the way my caravan is a 1991 year. will this make a difference to the caravan being towed smoother with suspension .

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
You can fit car wheels so long as they are of the same diameter, same hole pitch and same offset. Just beware that you have enough clearance under the wheel arches to accommodate the additional width. If you're going to change the tyres as well, don't forget to check their load carrying capacity. Car tyres are often inadequate in that respect, although in the case of a twin axle this is less likely. Whether wider wheels improve the ride is somewhat doubtful, though. Probably the biggest benefit that you'll get is that they look nicer.

Does your caravan have brakes and rear lights ? If not the only way you can tow it is on a trailer. It may be that you are the proud owner of a "static caravan" so you could save on the bigger wheels as they dont do too much ,apart from when you roll it onto the transporter .

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Probably the most cost-effective way to get your caravan to ride smoother is to fit shock absorbers. Most caravan chassis have provisions to fit them if they don't come as standard, so it's only a matter of bolting them on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts