Caravan Cleaning

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I just had to post this. I was in our Caravan Storage a couple of weeks ago and driving around met up with this 70 years young gent washing his caravan,as he was on his own I stopped to pass the time of day with him, he was so proud of his 20 year old caravan,spotlessly clean and a shine that looked as though it had just left the show room from new. He continued to tell me he never uses a polish on it only this shampoo and a good dry off with a chamois leather. I asked what he was using he replied you will never guess and its get rid of those horrible black streaks he replied,after about ten minutes he showed me what he was using,It was a bottle of caravan shampoo from poundland and yes it cost a pound so on my visit last weekend i thought for a quid what the hell I bought two bottles.
Now Iam getting ready for going away on Monday and found today alot of black streaks and what appeared to be something a seagull may have offloaded passing my van so out came the pound shampoo and all I can say to you is this stuff does exactly what it says on the bottle,its amazing.
Well thats my tale over and done with, I only posted it cos Im fed up with waiting to go away .
I hope you all have a great season
Sir Roger

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Just as a follow up - well more a side track...

As our storage site doesnt offer the facilities to wash vans, and most sites wont let you (I guess using buckets of water)- and the fact we live on a steep slope so can't wash it as home..

Has anyone used any of the "waterless" shampoo products to wash their van on a camp site..

(I'd even thought of half filling one of the aqua rolls - and pulling in at a motorway services - mid route - and give the van a quick wash hidden behind some hgv's)

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
colinw said:
Just as a follow up - well more a side track...

As our storage site doesnt offer the facilities to wash vans, and most sites wont let you (I guess using buckets of water)- and the fact we live on a steep slope so can't wash it as home..

Has anyone used any of the "waterless" shampoo products to wash their van on a camp site..

(I'd even thought of half filling one of the aqua rolls - and pulling in at a motorway services - mid route - and give the van a quick wash hidden behind some hgv's)
Hi Colin
on site we use greased lightening, fantastic stuff.....

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
thanks Sir Rog and Plotter... have to give it a try. must admit i'm a Fenwicks shampoo and bobby dazzler fan, but if i can save a few bob why not....

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
The shampoo is fairly strong 250ml to 5ltrs of water, but at a quid for 4 washes aint bad.They also have a spray black treak remover sold at guess what .....the same price!

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
For the benefit of those who cant get vans home to wash or even on site there are few dry washes on the market, I used one from caravan stuff4u and works very well this product was £12 a bottle with two micri fibre clothes with it.(Recommended) but as I say it is preference .

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks chaps...

Found an on line store (ideal world) doing a BOGOF on the Greased Lightning 20£.. But It was a quick hunt, so might be able to find a better price

I might have to get a bottle to keep in the van though i have to say its not the sides/back/front that bother us... its the roof, getting the bird crud off (which is one issue trying to wash our van at home - too dangerous to use ladders)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts