Caravan Club Booking Charges

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have seen all the comments re booking charges etc. I do not think the Caravan Club should charge a booking fee, I know it is really annoying if people don't turn up, but it would be easier just to cancel membership of people who don't bother to cancel. If they want to rejoin - they can - but just add all their uncancelled site stays to their membership fee. All sites should be members only anyway, after all, it is supposed to be a "Club", and it is much nicer to stay on a site where you know everybody is a member and subject to site rules etc. The Caravan Club members I have met over the years are all proud of the club and all of them had the same objective - simply to enjoy a relaxed peaceful environment with like-minded others. By the Club not charging a booking fee, it retains that personal club feeling, but this can only continue if members respect each other and show the courtesy of quickly cancelling to release a pitch to another member if they can't attend for whatever reason.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I agree with you Lorraine and as I posted before, it's nice not to bother about deposits. The crunch is though we all know that there's people out there, members of the club, who don't have the same attitude as the vast majority. It's because of the few the the majority have to suffer. I'm sure there are people out there who mass book sites for the year just in case they want to go away then if they can't make it don't bother cancelling.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You have to be a cc member to be able book on there internet site, so it is the the members them selves who are letting the side down by not cancelling there unwanted bookings.I agree that to introduce a advanced bookig fee whould deter any body from cancelling unless the club issed credit for another booking.

As for only members was advised that the club would not be able

to erect direction signs to the site if the site was for members only.

Roy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for your replies - I did not realise that if it was a members only club they could not erect signs for directions - still not such a great problem with directions clearly given in the Sites Directory? Perhaps if they do have to introduce a booking fee, then it could be refunded to the members account if they had taken the trouble to cancel - perhaps this would give most members the incentive to pick up the phone and cancel, because last time the deposits were non-refundable,there wasn't much point in phoning to cancel. If the deposits were refunded to club members account to be used against a future booking, surely this would help keep up membership use and keep sites busy?

Oh well - we are only the members - what do we know?!!!

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
I wish they would introduce whopping great charges!

Everywhere over Easter is fully booked and I'll be well upset to find out that there are empty pitches on them come the day (could forum members report on this, post-Easter?).

I know I should have booked earlier, but the missus just changed jobs, so couldn't confirm she could have the time off until Monday. Rather than book anyway (and give us the opportunity of a no-show!), I thought I'd wait until sure. Now I regret it.

Guess the only way is to prebook every bank and school hol period when the booking system opens next Christmas.

I'm really frustrated about this....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
jeff,

Have you tried ringing direct to site, it has worked for me in the past. I know that that the wardens on cc sites have there own allocation allowance which is not shown on there internet site.

Roy

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the tip Roy; will try that. There is a link on the CC website for unallocated pitches over the easter hols - just got into Shawsmead in Aberaeron using it. Not where I wanted to go, but better than being stuck at home, eh?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts