Caravan club booking

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
If topics are being repeated then they must be of interest to people. The magazines get a good idea of what gets people talking. Are you trying to put off people who are new and enthusiastic to touring raising a subject..?They are excpected to say "oh dear..should I... because it may have been discussed before..oh I better not" Not a great attitude for welcoming people

G

Caroline is absolutely right even if i do admit to sometimes commenting (to myself) 'Oh no not that one again'. Plus I also feel that just occasionally people use the Forum to save themselves the trouble of looking up a manual or book. They wouldn't do that here would they?? Of course, if they follow the wrong advice then maybe..........!

However, let us look on the positive side. If we can scare enough newbies off, then there are more pitches left for the rest of us. I am sure Butlins or equivalent would be very attractive for them. Smart thinking what???

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Smart thinking!! yes Scotch Lad! You have cheered up my grumpy mood (Im just back to work after great caravan break!) I think people like the personal touch rather than a manual or book though...

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Caroline

For my part I said it is inevitable some topics will be repeated as newbies arrive on the scene. That is how it should be! We all had to learn once and still learn. Caravanning is an ever moving target and repetition of articles on safety matters can never be repeated too often.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Baza

I couldn't agree more. The repetition of various topics happens too often here. I put it down to the fact that the search engine is next to useless all because Lord Hezza wont spend the money on an upto date computer system.

In fairness, this time Parksy did give a steer to the previous posts.

I guess we also have to remember there are a lot of new members who want to discuss this subject and haven't had the benefit of our years of memberhip.

Equaly have you noticed how a lot of the caravan magazines repeat a number of topics , year in year out? Inevitable with more newbies becoming caravnners.

Cheers

Dustydog
Dustydog, yeh know what you mean when youve been round the block so many times nothing seems new anymore just re-invented, regards the CC thing it seems some people are like a dog with a bone, they dont want to let go !

Regards

Baza

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts