Caravan club CL Maximum Outfit / pitch size.

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Hello all.
Long time no post!
Over the winter we've bought a motorhome to replace the caravan.
As we loved our awning we've bought a nice 'drive-away' awning. We took them to a very large & informal site to try out & I was supprised at how wide the whole lot looked once the awning was up along-side the motorhome.
This got me thinking about (& trying to find) the rule on maxium out-fit size once pitched. I'm sure there is one!!
Any ideas what it is or where I might find it?

Cheers, Gareth

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The club have no overall outfit size but some sites have there own individual limit shown on the site details. If the outfit is particularly long ring the site the day before you arrive to check if all pitches are the same length and they should reserve you a full size pitch if they need to.

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Thanks very much, TBH we normally go for CLs & I look for ones with more space.
Im just concerned that we may get asked to leave! We have a medium wheelbase Ducato coach built motorhome but the awning adds 3.2 metres to the width. Our caravan awning was only 2.5m.
Just have to see how it goes!

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Gareth,
I would not worry too much, considering some of the outfits pitched up on some "CL's" huge 7ft wide vans with full awnings or slide outs, annexs, wind breaks, and canopies, something that seems huge, somehow shrinks when sitting in a 1 acre field.

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Very true Colin, I think I'm just a little defensive of my 27 year old motorhome!! Like most campers we think of our selves as considerate so I'm sure we won't upset anyone.
We're off to Abersoch next week so I'll let you know how it goes!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I would try the CC website or an email to their helpline. On main sites they seem okay up to 8 metres which is the length of the motorhome or the caravan. Some site pages will have specific limits shown on their site details accessed from the main CC website. Each CL will vary and just look at their description and talk to the owner. Sometimes the limit is governed by the access roads and entrance to the specific site.

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Just back from CC site at Blenheim and some pitches are limited length and this is stated on pitch post. Also know that they they give details on limited lengths for entering some sites. Think there's one on the Gower.
As for width should think the limit is infringement on fire break gap.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Some sites do have some shorter pitches and if that is the case it is as well to ring the site the day before you arrive and ask them to reserve a suitable pitch for you as although the booking form asks for the length of the unit most wardens do not seem to check this, probably because if you have two or three pages of arrivals to look through it never gets done. Sites withy shorter pitches normally having a note about the possible need for preallocation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts