Caravan Club June Magazine

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I've just received the June edition of the CC magazine. I'm absolutely astounded that there is absolutely no mention of the massive amount of negative feedback, (1500+ posts) that was posted on the member's forum about the recent fiasco, Caravanner of the Year Competition. There are no letters published, of which I am sure they must have received by the bucket load, even from the very small numbers of members that supported the programme. The topic has been completely vetoed. There is, however, two pages telling us, the people who complained about the programme, just how good it was and, of course, no mention that the chairman of the CC ripped the back end of his caravan off trying to do something stupid during the 'competition'.

I fear that not acknowledging the enormous amount of negative feedback posted on the forum the CC management has just dug themselves an even deeper hole than they were in already. Regardless of what the club might hope, I don't think this issue is going to go away any time soon. I think it is also curious timing that the forum has been taken down for a time whilst they sort out 'issues' with it. Is this so that members cannot add another 1500 negative posts to the thread after reading the magazine?

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I, too have a conspiracy theory about Club Together being offline due to fee paying members of the CC expressing their views on the debacle on the telly. Despite the plethora of negative views posted, there was no response from the ivory towers of East Grimstead. Reminiscent of the old military rank structure in the days of the raj, where the CC began.

The CC is no longer a 'Club', it is a purely commercial enterprise run by an old guard of status driven cronies. Customer service from the HQ is a non entity. Site wardens do a great job.

I noticed an awful lot of pitches have become available in the bookings section for prime locations and weekends. We are able to take a break over this Bank Holiday weekend at a previously full site and have a booking for the hallowed Chatsworth at the start of the school summer holidays.

Just annoying to not be able to get information via Club Together, that has been a good resource.

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not a member of the C.C. but I did watch the program with a degree of embarrassment, as I don't think it was a true reflection of caravanners.

But my biggest surprise is the LACK of response to this posted topic. I was expecting loads of comments,,or is it that C.C. members are to embarrassed to be associated with the show.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
What I found astounding about the magazine is that the Editorial actually claimed that "Caravanner of the yearhas given our pastime a massive boost..."
The CC and Chairman have behaved like a politician caught doing something inappropriate - trying desperately to put a good spin on things, and trying to ignore the negatives, all the while hoping that the story will die and go away, so things can go on as before. Its shameful, and the Club has certainly lost respect over that episode and its handling of the website downtime. When things go wrong its really a good test of an organisation as to how well things are handled, and the CC has failed spectacularly. If the Chairman had done the right thing and resigned promptly, at least the Club would have been seen to have some integrity. Its all been an eye opening disappointing performance.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have just seen that the Club together sight ismup and running again, and the COTY thread is now at 1304, and still growing, I womder what the topic of conversation will be at The National Rally will be?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts