Caravan club or camping and caravan club???

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
started caravaning 5 years ago and joined the caravan club have been to 43 sites so far with no complaints i also use there insurance and greenflag breakdown service so i can only say how good one club are

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We've joined both for our first year's caravanning. We initially just joined the Caravan Club and booked a few holidays on their sites but then we were struggling to get in for Easter. We ended up joining the Camping & Caravanning Club as well as we saved the cost of our membership on our Easter break alone. The C&CC Big Site book is very extensive and, as we will sometimes holiday with tent campers, it is quite useful for finding sites that take tents as well as caravans.

From what we've heard though, Caravan Club sites are the 'creme de la creme' for facilities etc whereas the C&CC are not always quite so good - really depends what you want.

One difference though is that the Caravan Club don't take a deposit when you book but the C&CC take 25%. There are people on here who are for and those against deposit taking - we fully intend taking all the holidays we've booked so it doesn't matter either way to us but there are those who book Caravan Club sites 'just in case' and then don't go if the weather isn't up to much. OK if they let the site know but it's a bit off when they don't but that's the system so some will play it.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
I have used Caravan Club sites for 20 plus years, and C. and C.C. sites for 3 years.

I find that C.C. sites are of a higher standard, but in most cases you will pay more per night.

C.C. hard standings are larger and better prepared than C.and C.C. ones.

C.C. toilet blocks are mostly far superior to C.and C.C. ones and are always heated. Many C.andC.C. blocks are not heated.

All C.C. sites have 16amp electric hook ups. Some C.andC.C. sites only have 10amp hook ups.

Quite a few C.C. sites have television hook up points at the pitch bollard.

I tend to use C.andC.C. sites in areas were there is no C.C. site, but only between end of May and early September.

However if you are 55 or over you are entitled to age discount with the C.andC.C. This can reduce costs quite considerably compared to the C.C. Having said that the C.C. have mid week discounts on some sites.

I have found it is worth being in both clubs, especially since my wife and i have become pensioners.Heated toilet blocks are very important to me due to me having a spinal injury many years ago.

Hope this helps.

Hamer

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We joined the Caravan Club when we first started caravanning and this year joined the Camping & Caravanning Club as well, to give us more choice for a forthcoming holiday to Scotland.

We are joint members, but wondered why mail that the C&CC send us is addressed only to Mr. I phoned to ask why and was told the computer only sends to the first member of a joint membership. I mentioned that the Caravan Club computer addresses everything to Mr & Mrs and in a somewhat surprised voice I was told they will raise it at their next meeting. Strange eh?

The layout of the CC Sites Directory seems to have a much better format than the C&CC one.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
we first joined cc&c & prefer their sites as they usually are less formal & seem more in keeping with the local suroundings,more campsite than holidaycamp if you know what I mean plus the booking system of deposit required usualy means that there is more likelyhood of getting a pitch as pitces are not prebooked on the offchance that the weather MIGHT be OK. However we also belong to the CC & find that the sites are usually very good If you can get on them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts