CARAVAN CLUB SITE PEMBREY,SOUTH WALES-NO BALL GAME RULES

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
just spent half term here.caravan club site rules do not apply-the site is situated within 520 acres of country park,yet parents happilly let children play football in and around caravans.wardens seem powerless to stop it and people drive far to fast aroung the one way system.you have been warned,take youre new van here and you will be in the service centre having football dents being knocked out and repaired

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
Just read you thread about Pembrey Country park (which happens to be our local site) we tend to go there some school holidays or week ends as hubby works 3miles from site, which is great for me and our son age 9, hubby likes to travel back and forth om his motorbike(big kid).We always insist on soft sponge ball while playing by the van, last year we took plastic goal posts, set them up all the kids joined in with our son,it was great we had a bit of peace and the kids did no damage.

I think this would be a good rule everywhere, as nobody has to worry.

Hope this has not put you off Pembrey as wardens are really nice, we are going there whitsun for the 3rd year running.

Bye for now,---Rosaleen.

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
I totally agree with Dave, if it says no ball games then its no ball games, the fact that its a soft foam ball is irrelavant, it could still knock my beer over, and as for putting up goal post's............the foam ball is not bending the rules, its still ignoring them. Tim

Mar 21, 2006
Visit site
Dont mind kids playing ball but if it is going to do damage ten they should be told to play were it is safe and will do no damage as for fast drivers this is not on but have seen it on many sites and in many parks. But we must not leave it all to the wardens if your are a club member you can ask the kids to move on and i suggest pointing out to the driver and ask how he would feel if he injured a child on the site. Do this all politely of course if this fails then ask the wardens to have a word if the dangerous driving persists then ask for the person to be removed from the site.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I totally agree. At Blair Atholl site at Easter. Massive amount of space for ball games, yet the kids were allowed by their parents, to play between the caravans. Most of the time the Dads were playing as well. My caravan is only 5 weeks old and it got fair skelped a couple of times, including a lab dog running into it after the ball!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Balls on site are one of my biggest hates, balls and caravans just do not mix. why any parent would alow theire child to play with a ball next to some thing as delicate as a caravan i do not know yet we see it on nearly every site we visit. its not the wardens fault, they do as much as they can but can't be every where at once. this easter we had to complain every single day about kids with footballs and even a cricket ball at one stage, they hit the van the awning and the car on many occasions and one father and child even got out a kite to fly on site, right over the vans. totally insane and absolutely no respect, shame on parents that allow this to happen.

Feb 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi, the only balls my kids are allowed to take with them are attached to string!! one is a junior swingball, and the football is attached to a string again that too is made by swing ball, it cant be kicked far at all, but my kids are happy with that and we can relax knowing it is not going to damage our caravan/car or other peoples property on site.

May 15, 2006
Visit site
Here Here, ball games and stone throwing are my biggest hate as well and also groups of adults who are noisey in the evening, we stayed on a site in Southern France that actualy had a security gaurd walk around the site at night and after 10pm any groups sitting outside or inside their awnings making a noise were politely told to be quite or leave the next morning, and believe it or not it was a big site that catered for all age groups and it worked, that respect factor for other campers was most apparent. anyway back to my main moan I have a child she has always been told not to play around peoples caravans and car and uses the play areas on sites, we would just like to be left alone thank you. I was brought up to respect other people and their property and she has been too. A few years ago I complained as a member of the cc to the club after staying on their Woolacombe site,its a lovely site and all was well until a family arrived opposite us with two older boys, to my disbeleive the boys took two deck chairs from their awning placed them right in front of our caravan which at that time was fairly new and started playing football using the chairs as goalposts while their parents sat outside and watched, they used a hard leather ball and obviously it was not long before the ball smashed into my gas locker lid. I could not believe that these people had no respect at all for my property and when I confronted the boys and their Father who then instantly got up and came over, His reply to me was "well you have insurance don't You!" What made the whole incident worse was that we suffer this lack of respect at home with yobos opposite us playing ball games and throwing stones, I began to wonder wether caravaning was the right holiday for us, but another member saw what had happened and reassured me that I was not at fault. As someone elese in the forum has mentioned it would be a good idea for sites to ban all ball games around pitching areas given the price of caravans and cars today and anybody found breaking these rules should rightfuly be removed from the site i know it seems harsh and i'm no Victor Mildrew but I had to buy my car and caravan with my hard earnt cash that I have worked hard for, if i damage my van or car thats down to me and not a deciision my fellow caravaning neighbours should make, why do people of today think i should feel so sorry for these yongsters, it seems they think they have the right to do just what they like and are hard done by. A lot of the cc site have no real on site facilities for teenaged children anyway perhaps the parents who let their kids go off to annoy other people should think twice about the kind of site and try one of the commercialy run fun park types like Havens where their kids wouldn't get board and have to get up to mischeif.I know not all yongsters are bad but in receny Years of caravaning the bad ones certainly seem to out number the good!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The brochure for Pembrey CC site states that ball games are permitted on the site. It is printed in normal size text and part of the overall picture of what is available at the site. There is no mention that ball games should be restricted to certain areas of the site. Any complaint about the playing with a ball on the site or damage to a caravan should therefore be taken up with the CC and not the site warden. The parent is within their right to allow a child to play with a ball on the site, fair enough common sense and courtesy should exist in advising the child not to play near other vans and also to respect other people's property.

The brochure for Pembrey CC site states that ball games are permitted on the site. It is printed in normal size text and part of the overall picture of what is available at the site. There is no mention that ball games should be restricted to certain areas of the site. Any complaint about the playing with a ball on the site or damage to a caravan should therefore be taken up with the CC and not the site warden. The parent is within their right to allow a child to play with a ball on the site, fair enough common sense and courtesy should exist in advising the child not to play near other vans and also to respect other people's property.
Well put Colin and I agree with your comments in Chit Chat,to much been said about this topic already.

Lets get back to caravan issue,s not children enjoying life.

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hello Colin

I'm sorry to contradict you but I have just downloaded the info on Pembrey from the caravan club website.

It says the caravan site is on the edge of the country park. Further on it says that ball games may be played in the park.

I would interpret that as meaning not on the caravan site itself.

ATB

Helen

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I visited the site a week last Saturday and picked up a brochure from the office and it distinctly says on the brochure that ball games are allowed on the site. Contact the site and ask for a brochure and it will be evident. What do you go by - the CC web site or the site brochure?

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
I visited the site a week last Saturday and picked up a brochure from the office and it distinctly says on the brochure that ball games are allowed on the site. Contact the site and ask for a brochure and it will be evident. What do you go by - the CC web site or the site brochure?
I suppose you go by which ever one you like!

I wouldn't like to be the warden down there this summer!!

Helen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts