caravan club sites rules on gas bottles outside of caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we have just spent 3 nights at milestones caravan club site when we had set up we had a 13kg gas bottle outside of caravan

the warden stoped and asked if we could remove it

we asked if we coverd it up would it be ok the reply was yes

as anyone else been told of these rules on any other club site

i am not getting on at milestones as it is a excellent site

from sue

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi. do I call you Sue or Bot for short,

Dificult to see the logic. After all not everyone can plug their gas BBQ into the van so what is the difference.

It would be unusual for the C.C. but it could just be a bit of 'Jobs Worth' not one I have heard of.

ttfn

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
There used to be a Club Site rule prohibiting any loose equipment around or under a caravan but this hasn't been one of the Club Site rules for some time. Pity you didn't ask the warden at Milestone to show you the rule in the Sites Directory, they may be some years out of date in their training.

Having said all that, a site warden has absolute authority on his/her site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear! I have just joined the Caravan Club and before I joined I was worried that I wouldnt like all the rules and regulations. This sounds like just the sort of petty and annoying thing that I was concerned about! Is this typical of the Caravan Club? Jim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jim and Pauline,

I have been a Caravan Club member for many years and as what has been said this was a managed club site,generally wardens are very fair,ok they like a bit of regimentation on site but thats not a bad thing,you,ll never or very rarely see a club site looking untidy and toilets sinks and shower rooms are always in prestine condition,they,re not the cheapest of sites but they are the best,ok people have little grumbles but you,ll have to go a long way to find better.You can book a site with cinfidence knowing it will be spot on.Remember rules are made to make your stay enjoyable.Happy Caravanning.Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I posted earlier about one site where external gas bottles and aquarolls were thrown in the river by village yobs.

It is a small step to the gas being turned on and ignited.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Jim and Pauline

you have joined a good club but to be a club they must have rules its called jobs worth. why not try Cls, Ours have very few requirements mostly common sence ie dogs and children on leads and respect other people and thier privacy.

David from Suffolk

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Jim and Pauline you have nothing to fear about C.C. sites regarding cleanliness unless you go to the shower/toilet block straight after another camper has left it in a mess. Regarding rules, I don't know, because I've never bothered to read any, it all comes down to common sense. Like Jim said, you can go to a C.C. site with confidence knowing the facilities on site will be tip top with maybe the exception if they have just taken over a site like Cheddar and need to upgrade it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim and Pauline

you have joined a good club but to be a club they must have rules its called jobs worth. why not try Cls, Ours have very few requirements mostly common sence ie dogs and children on leads and respect other people and thier privacy.

David from Suffolk
Hi David, one of the reasons we join the CC was to try the cl's. I have seen a few replies from you and I wonder if your site might suit us for a bit of a trial run, can you give me some more details of where we can find you? Jim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I suppose its all about compromise. If you have no rules then you have to suffer the consequences, but too many rules, strictly enforced, can be a bit restricting after all you are on holiday. I think we will try a couple of club sites and some cls (perhaps David's if I can find out where he is) and see for ourselves. Jim

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi David, one of the reasons we join the CC was to try the cl's. I have seen a few replies from you and I wonder if your site might suit us for a bit of a trial run, can you give me some more details of where we can find you? Jim.
Jim and Pauline

Have a look at 5van.com. Under Suffolk then Mildenhall.

Our Cl is a fenced of corner of a medow set in trees. nothing fancy. But please keep clear of Bank holidays, otherwise we would love to see you. call 01638713214 if we can be of help. you can get my email from the webb site.

David from Suffolk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim and Pauline

Have a look at 5van.com. Under Suffolk then Mildenhall.

Our Cl is a fenced of corner of a medow set in trees. nothing fancy. But please keep clear of Bank holidays, otherwise we would love to see you. call 01638713214 if we can be of help. you can get my email from the webb site.

David from Suffolk
Thanks David, I'll have a look. Jim.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Jim and Pauline

We would love to see you I left a comment this morning in case you did not see it try 5van.com look for suffolk and we are under Mildenhall. there is contact details on the site should all else fail try 01638713214. our CL is a fenced corner of a medow nothing grand but thats how most of our visitors like it.

David from Suffolk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim and Pauline

We would love to see you I left a comment this morning in case you did not see it try 5van.com look for suffolk and we are under Mildenhall. there is contact details on the site should all else fail try 01638713214. our CL is a fenced corner of a medow nothing grand but thats how most of our visitors like it.

David from Suffolk
Yes, thanks David I did see it and replied. It looks really good and we will try to arrange a visit but things are a bit frantic a the moment (so I am told!) so I dont know when. Thanks, Jim.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts