Caravan club

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been a member of the C.C. since Christmas, I can honestly say it is one of the best things I have done. Every site I have looked at or been to has been wonderful. Last weekend we went Pluckley CC site, we were one of 4 caravans on a fantastic site. With open views accross the Kentish weald and a haunted pub thrown in for good measure, it really was a charming break, enjoyed by all members of my family.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David, We are member of both CC site+ CCC Site, All the years we have been member we have been very happy with their service, nice clean toilet no charge for dogs+Awning, and of course no noise after 11 pm till 7am, it a peace of mind what ever club site you book you known what you are getting value for money, enjoy your caravanning, Trevor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Been a menber of the CC for a long time and during that time have never been disapointed with the club, its wardens the pitches and facilities.

you can book confidently that when you arrive (even on Bank Holidays) that a pitch will be waiting for you.

The other services they offer are of the same standard as their sites - namely caravan insurance, Red Pennant and Mayday. The clubs CL listing is also a grand setup with some of the prettiest sites in England

The CC along with the C&CC are recognised nationaly and Internationally as being the Authority on Camping and Caravanning. and government consult with them on many aspects of our pastime.

Also for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife and I have toyed for some time about joining the Caravan Club and also the Caravan and Camping Club. We have heard conflicting reports of each and also different arguments of which is the better regarding sites - number, sitings and quality as well as services and benifits of membership. I may be stirring a hornets nest by asking for reasons for joining one or either or even both but I would appreciate any views, good or bad, advantages/disadvantages of membership and any other comments regaring this matter. Many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are members of both the CC and the C&CC and fully enjoy the benefits of both. The sites are exactly what we want, cleanliness and (generally) spotless facilities with no late night rowdyness or clubs.

We have completed the Caravan manouvering course with the CC and found it worth every penny. The CC's monthly magazine is also excellent and beats the C&CC magazine hands down. However, as previous tent campers we were members of the C&CC and still remain loyal and ocassionally rally with our local DA. I would heartily recommend either or both clubs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife and I have toyed for some time about joining the Caravan Club and also the Caravan and Camping Club. We have heard conflicting reports of each and also different arguments of which is the better regarding sites - number, sitings and quality as well as services and benifits of membership. I may be stirring a hornets nest by asking for reasons for joining one or either or even both but I would appreciate any views, good or bad, advantages/disadvantages of membership and any other comments regaring this matter. Many thanks.
Hi Colin.

We were members of the camping & caravan club last year. I think a lot depends on your age and tolerance to children. We have joined the caravan club this year and so far much prefer it. Some of their sites do not attract children. Although we have grandchildren we still prefer to have a quiet holiday sometimes without them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are members of the caravan club and like the rest of the contributors find it great value for money.We have never been on a bad CC site and the CL network is worth the 32 pounds in itself.

Im not so enthusiastic over its magazine I find the letters a bit tame ,and the reviews the usual white wash ,but that is nothing compared to the benefits.

The insurance /Red pennant ,this is overseas cover,is exellent,

Not being in one of the clubs is like playing golf and not being in a golf club .In any case happy caravanning Coljac

May 8, 2005
Visit site
We joined the CC club in 1995 while staying at Crystal Palace. We booked in as non-members and the warden said if we joined while we were there she would deduct the difference between member and non-member from our fee. (Which I think was about 5 nights @

May 8, 2005
Visit site
You should be able to. I only sign in if I want to make a booking. Otherwise I can still view the sites online. If not contact the club and they would send you a sites brochure.

Another good point is that sites can be booked on-line and also a calendar kept of your bookings for the year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts