Caravan Cover - ? Status Aerial

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
We have a 2001 Swift Charisma 220. We are thinking about buying a cover for when its in storage and over the winter.

Sorry if this has been mulled over before, but when you put the cover on what do you do about the Status aerial which sticks up like a space rocket ship.

Can anyone recommend any particular cover.

Almost at the end of our nearly 7 weeks away, so for the time being the little van will be going into storage. Hey ho.

Linda

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do not know of other makers doing the same as Protec, who make a special pocket for the aerial built into the cover.

You have to remove the spike from the top of the aerial before fitting any cover, and also use pipe lagging on sharp corners like awning rails etc.

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
the protec covers cost an arm and a leg 'cos they are made to measure for the van so if you change your van it makes it very expensive,damian's right about the status spike but it is easy to take off it just unscrews,a cover for your 'van will set you back about

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi!

I used a cover last winter(breathable one) and will not use one again! The entire rear and some of the side panels were mottled with whats termed as the "leopard skin effect".As I have discovered, this is a frequent occurance with this type of cover.

It looks awful and takes alot of elbow grease,sweat, cursing and time to get rid of.

Lady C

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi!

I used a cover last winter(breathable one) and will not use one again! The entire rear and some of the side panels were mottled with whats termed as the "leopard skin effect".As I have discovered, this is a frequent occurance with this type of cover.

It looks awful and takes alot of elbow grease,sweat, cursing and time to get rid of.

Lady C
I have had a protec cover since last September - and no complaints as yet, except for a bit of condensation inside.

I cut a hole in the door vent section which cured it.

The protec cover was

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts