Caravan cover yes/no

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just bought a caravan and were wondering about a caravan cover, I thought it would protect it from the elements as it is kept outside. I presume it should be breathable. Do they sweat under the cover if they do I can always wash the caravan as we are lucky to be able to keep it at home.If anyone has experence on covers good or bad please let us know. If you like them where could we get a resonably priced one from.Many thanks. Can,t wait for the season to begin!!!!.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Bones, I used a caravan cover last winter, caravan was cleaned fully just before fitting,however when it was taken off the inside of the cover had rubbed against the windows and left marks like graising which will not come off. It was a proper fleese lined cover at around

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bones, I used a caravan cover last winter, caravan was cleaned fully just before fitting,however when it was taken off the inside of the cover had rubbed against the windows and left marks like graising which will not come off. It was a proper fleese lined cover at around

G

Bones,

Like many things in life there are good and bad viewpoints. I am on my 2nd cover having bought another van and feel they do provide benefits. However, the environment you live in will have an effect. For instance if you live in, or near an industrial area then dust and grime will be a problem whatever you do. I live in a relative clean air locality and this has not been a problem to me. All paintwork will degrade with exposure to sunlight and so anything that minimises this will undoubtedly make the van look pristine longer. Either that you start using clean up polishes which will remove paint eventually.

As mentioned you pays your money and takes your chouce.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
if you lay your caravan up for the winter a cover is fine , i used one for about 3 years ,you will find that all the grease from the corner steadies gets on the straps that go under the caravan which normaly ends up on your hands then on the cover,then when you remove the cover its normaly raining in this land of ours ,so when you reach your destination the van is absolutly filthy ,and as we caravan all year spending about 65 nights away each year ,we sold the cover and wipe the van over on arrival at our destination

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
my usual answer to this question is that on our storage site of about 500 vans there was only one that used a cover ! Now the cover on that van is not being used...don't know why. If they were any good, i guess most of the caravans would have one. I couldn't get a sensible answer from Avondale three years ago about using one or even which one they endorsed so i deceided not to bother.A bit of elbow grease does the job !

TRENDING THREADS