Caravan cover

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
We bought our first caravan in November pageant series 5 ,we bought a winter cover which is very snug, whent away over Christmas and there was no crack, we go to the storage place every couple of weeks we don’t take the cover of just unzip the habitation door,but this weekend we took the cover of and there’s a crack on the inside of the front middle window could the cover be to tight?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think it's highly unlikely that an exterior cover would cause damage to the inside layer of a double glazed unit, with there being obvious damage on the outer pane.... but I could be wrong.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
If the cover is responsible, but like Prof I seriously doubt it, then surely the crack would be on the outside skin and not the inner.

I seem to remember a discussion recently about blow windows due to drawn blinds and heat unable to escape, could that be the cause?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:
If the cover is responsible, but like Prof I seriously doubt it, then surely the crack would be on the outside skin and not the inner.

I seem to remember a discussion recently about blow windows due to drawn blinds and heat unable to escape, could that be the cause?

On our first Coachman , the handbook stated, in Strong Sunlight do not pull down the blinds as the Silvering on then could distort the window. !!
I doubt the cover would cause the damage.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Given the time line the OP describes, surely it hasn’t been warm enough to cause the crack in the window. It has been unseasonably warm and the van could have been in direct sunlight, (although it was under a cover so not a magnifying glass effect) but even so........ In spite of the scorching heat we had in the summer there wasn’t an epidemic of cracked windows, not on this forum or any others :whistle: that I might visit.
Doubt it was the cover though. Could it have been the cold?
Mel

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
How about taking it back to where you got it but don't tell them you have had it covered and that a crack has appeared in the Window , see what they say ?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Another thought, there has been as much as an 18 degrees C temperature difference daily this past week from freezing mornings to very warm afternoons; could the expansion/contraction have done it? Was it rapid enough? If only wehad a physics or engineering professor on this forum. :whistle: B) :cheer:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mel said:
Another thought, there has been as much as an 18 degrees C temperature difference daily this past week from freezing mornings to very warm afternoons; could the expansion/contraction have done it? Was it rapid enough? If only wehad a physics or engineering professor on this forum. :whistle: B) :cheer:

you-there-go-and-sit-over-there-on-the-naughty-step-and-think-ab.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts