Caravan covers

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at purchasing a caravan cover, I have read many reviews and finally thought I would go with the Maypole, any of you had any experience with these, I need to ensure it is waterproof but at the same time allow the caravan to breathe, any advice as I have not used a cover before.
Pete :unsure:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Peter, do a search on here and you will find fors and against amongst the topics.
A few pointers for you,
The van has to be cleaned before using a cover, to stop any scratching of the paintwork
You may have to remove any aerials fitted to your roof.
The wind can cause abrasion's to the van's exterior if the cover is not fitted 100% correctly.
They can be difficult to fit by a single person and some even supply a pole to help pull it over the van.
You may have guessed I dont have or want one :) ;)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I use mine all year round, fit it myself single handed in less that 30min, although it took a lot longer until I learned the knack. I store my caravan under trees so I feel it is essential as I don't want to have to clean the roof every month of fallen leaves and sap.
Never had a problem with scratching but I do make sure that the inside of the cover NEVER touched the ground when putting it on or taking it off.
Just be wary about where you buy it from and get a good quality cover. My first one came from Caravancovershop - advertised as Maypole but that was not what was delivered after a long wait and many phone calls and emails. There are many posts about this company which you will find if you put their name into a search engine.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Highlander09 said:
I use mine all year round, fit it myself single handed in less that 30min, although it took a lot longer until I learned the knack.

Got one but not used it yet, got that to look forward to later in the year. Care to share "the knack"?

Read different views on two people using extended poles, or folding it up inside out in a sausage shape and then unrolling it from the roof of the caravan.

Can't say I'm looking forward to it but,similar to you,it's near trees on one side plus on the other it can get the salt spray from a gritted main road in the winter.

Thanks
Rob

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Got one but not used it yet, got that to look forward to later in the year. Care to share "the knack"?

happy to share my knack!

Mine cover has a zip at the front and back corner on the left side. Preparation starts when I pack it up from last time it was on.

1, when you pack it away make sure that you leave the zips undone and fold it so that the inside is on top ready to lay out at the side of the caravan when you go to fit it again.
2, open it so that it is lying on the ground next to the van, inside face up and with the front end of the cover at the front of the van / the back end of the cover at the back end of the van.
3, put the cover on over the van from the side. with mine the left side has the zips so I lay it all on the right of the caravan then get hold of the bottom left of the cover and pull it over the roof of the van and down the side of the van.
4, the front and rear flaps can then be brought round and the whole thing tidied up, corners zips fastened and ties threaded under the van.

Simples. :)

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Highlander, that sounds relatively easy. Mine doesn't have the zipped sides but does have the rear end with Velcro (it's the protec easy to fit system, allegedly). We will see what happens when I try to put in on in October.

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
OK so I have an Adria caravan and overall it's 7.9M but I can't seem to find out how big a cover I need? That length includes the drawbar.

Any suggestions

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts