Caravan covers

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Been thinking of getting a caravan cover for my twin axle caravan but been told some good and bad things about them ?? Now we'v been on lockdown for a few months i am getting fed up of cleaning bird muck off it as it is on my driveway are they worth investing in one ??

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
in my profile that my caravan and that is how clean it is now it had a 4 ply Breathable Caravan Cover including the Hitch Cover on since October 2019 - May 2020 . Not one mark on it i prefered it on but some will not

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Been thinking of getting a caravan cover for my twin axle caravan but been told some good and bad things about them ?? Now we'v been on lockdown for a few months i am getting fed up of cleaning bird muck off it as it is on my driveway are they worth investing in one ??
That will have to be your choice but i prefered it on

May 18, 2020
Visit site
Due to the winds a cover wouldn’t do me much good, but I find that adding a small dosage of rinsing-aid (the sort you put in a dish-washer) into a bucket of water and using that to clean the roof creates a barrier that bird-droppings (and dead flies) don’t get too stuck on. Can get them off with a hose or with minimal effort.
Don’t use much – about a capful in a full bucket.
I know of one who always uses this to wash his car but I think overuse might matt the colour.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
My Swift TA is always covered when in storage as it’s under trees. The amount of debris (flora and fauna) that collects on the roof is staggering. Once a year, usually about now, I deep clean the caravan prior to its annual service and our main annual holiday in France for June and July. I leave the cover on the caravan and wash it off with a soft brush and clean water. Park it in the sun for an hour or so to dry then remove it and roll it up. Then I can give the caravan it’s initial shampooing before setting off to home.
there’s usually some fairly substantial bits of tree on the roof together with a carpet of pine needles but never any damage to the roof under the cover.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts