Caravan Dealer

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
We have just purchased a 2006 Abbey, we took it to the dealer we bought it from to have a reich motor mover put on.(large dealer in Huddersfield) we paid £1088 for the mover. I could not beleive that it did not come with a wheel brace. In the past when we had the reich mover fitted it came with all tools needed for its use. This is just one of many problems we have had with this dealer after spending nearly £13,000. We would have expected better customer service than what we received. The problem with these people once they have taken your money they don't want to know.

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Josie I know exactly what you mean. I'm guessing they are in the Crosland Moor area. Our buying experience from the same place was very poor too, as was that of my employer, and a formal letter about the various issues was never even acknowledged. I use the shop, but another van? No!

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
this particluar dealer tried to sell us a van that would have been over our payload, even when i asked several times if our can would pull it ok, he said it would be no problem , yeah i guess if you like driving at 115%. this dealer will say anything to get a sell. i for one would not go to this dealer, so now thats 4 local dealersi will give a wide berth, from my previus expereince with them. my sources are now getting limited as to getting a van near home.

Bev

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
weve just bought....or should i say put a depposit on a 2007 abbey...and we had to sign a form saying our car could tow the van....not a problem we said ..we have just got a new discovery 3 so it will tow whatever you put behind it.....but they still made us sign the form.........so has their policy changed since you got yours..and also they didnt sell us the caravan...we told them we wanted it.....i dont need sales people to convince me what i want.....and i am aware of my towing limits...before i enter a dealer

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
i am also well aware of what our car can pull, however when you are told that a caravan is ok for my car to pull it from the dealer you would think that they should know, ( i mean if anybody asks me about anything to do with my job or workplace i can tell them,) thats why we should be able to trust the dealers to get it right,however in this case he was wrong and it was only when i checked the weight of the van that i found out.

the salesman was rude as when i asked questions he would ignore me and talk to my husband instead.

we didnt buy our caravan from there as there are plenty of other dealers around. but bad customer service when i am paying

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
The problem is that the caravan industry is still "Mickey Mouse" and lacks real customer care or service. I have this month writtern a response letter to the Cravan Club about their article relating to Avondale commencing trial runs of new products prior to full scale production. In 2006 this should be an automatic process or are the industry still 50 years behind.It might help get rid of some of the poor design installation work

Make sure the Mover is set up right. We bought a Powrwheel which should have a 20mm gap and the fitter left it with 31mm, guess how well it worked.

wayne

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
i am also well aware of what our car can pull, however when you are told that a caravan is ok for my car to pull it from the dealer you would think that they should know, ( i mean if anybody asks me about anything to do with my job or workplace i can tell them,) thats why we should be able to trust the dealers to get it right,however in this case he was wrong and it was only when i checked the weight of the van that i found out.

the salesman was rude as when i asked questions he would ignore me and talk to my husband instead.

we didnt buy our caravan from there as there are plenty of other dealers around. but bad customer service when i am paying

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
did you complain because you were being ignored....i would have done...and i also probably know more than a salesman (weve had 14 caravans in 14 years...i get bored easily) ...i run my own business and treat people how i would like to be treated....bad customer service isnot an issue in my business....if i come across this i will not stand for it and i will walk away expressing my views before i did so....maybe we were lucky with the person we dealt with...i wont class him as a sales person as i dont see him as selling us the van as we did know what we wanted when we saw it...he was just the middle man...we did go to other dealers before coming here and they are my nearest abbey dealer....lets keep our fingers crossed it goes ok....im sure ill let you know

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
yes i told the salesman that i didnt want a caravan from them and i would look elsewhere, he looked at me gone out. completely agree that the customer service in some of these places is appauling and my husband now justs rolls his eyes when i start complaining, but everyone should be treated equally, no matter what age/sex/class ( i have seen some people fall over them selves to 'help' a person with a brand new jag and totally ignore us with our mondeo- which to be honest i think they just get in the way most of the time, we would rather be left to look on our own.)

i think that when we get paid out with our insurance (stolen caravan) in the next few weeks we will have a good look around this time( off to the NEC )not just stay local.

maybe they do need to be named and shamed, this way they may actually improve there service, before and after purchase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts