Caravan design

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ok, how about this one. What would make your life easier with reference to caravan design? I'm not talking about layouts (unless you have a particularly ingenious one in mind) or size; just ideas that you think should really have made it into a caravan by now. I'll start, cos it's my idea anyway, so there.

Built in steps, why can't the caravan have a built in step, no more wobbly entrance or exits, even worse after a couple of jars. No more leaving it behind when you set off, or leaving it out when it's in storage (I know I'm not the only one here, am I?). No more little circles in the carpet, where you left it, just behind the doorway.

How about a mains hook-up cable on a retracting reel, no more untangling it when you arrive, just pull, lock it off and plug in. Just an idea mind, but worth a thought.

So, what would you like to see changed on your van?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A button you can press which will put the previousley concealed high grain wide band tv ariel in an extremely highly elevated position, which you can rotate/adjust by the flick of a switch inside the caravan.

A remote control device which will close the curtains by pressing another button.

A device which will warn you of inteferring nosy campers.

Lh

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lol this subject has been covered on here a million times before but just to keep it rolling heres my input. A beer chiller that chills in 5 minutes because the better half always fills the fridge up with food and every time she pours me a pint its always luke warm. Why dont caravans have larger fridges to cater for this problem. I fear that if this does'nt change she will have to go for a newer model, the missus that is and not the van.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

How about an enormous lever on the side of the van (I don't want to take all the hard work away) that ,when pulled, unhitched and park my car, wound the steadies down to a perfect level, erected the awning, filled the toilet and flush with chemicals, lit the oven/Barbie(dependent on temperature and weather conditions), filled the aqua roll, got all the kids toys and games out and set up and erected a deck chair where-upon it would gently lower me into it place a cold brew in my hand and massage my shoulders.

Hang on a minute I think I have just made myself redundant.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Lol this subject has been covered on here a million times before but just to keep it rolling heres my input. A beer chiller that chills in 5 minutes because the better half always fills the fridge up with food and every time she pours me a pint its always luke warm. Why dont caravans have larger fridges to cater for this problem. I fear that if this does'nt change she will have to go for a newer model, the missus that is and not the van.
Paul, have you tried putting your beer in the freezer for a while, cans not bottles or does er indoors fill that up as well? I'm quite lucky in that department I'm divorced.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

How about an enormous lever on the side of the van (I don't want to take all the hard work away) that ,when pulled, unhitched and park my car, wound the steadies down to a perfect level, erected the awning, filled the toilet and flush with chemicals, lit the oven/Barbie(dependent on temperature and weather conditions), filled the aqua roll, got all the kids toys and games out and set up and erected a deck chair where-upon it would gently lower me into it place a cold brew in my hand and massage my shoulders.

You don't get the wife to do all that? What are you, man or mouse? Speaking of which, I wonder when my next cheese delivery is supposed to happen...

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

You have obviously never seen my wife in the kitchen....come to think of it neither have I!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul, have you tried putting your beer in the freezer for a while, cans not bottles or does er indoors fill that up as well? I'm quite lucky in that department I'm divorced.
In fact have you tried freezing a can of beer and using it to keep the picnic basket goodies cool & once that job is done consuming the contents to avoid the hassle of carrying the extra weight back home again? The trick is waiting long enough to be sure it has totally thawed prior to opening. That wait can lead to dehydration dangers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts