Caravan door

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a discovery 400 and my caravan door is hard to close you have to slam it shut is there any way of adjustin the lock to it shuts easy I have 3 young children and it is becomeing a problem for the to even slam the door shut . Ask my dealer aboput it and he said there is no adjustment on the latch so I will have to live with it. Please help!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve, caravan doors do not and will not shut like household doors with an ordinary "yale" type lock,when you shut the caravan door you must turn the door handle inside or out or you will soon damage the lock beyond repair,they are all like this new or old.Just turn the handle and give it a good push or pull and it will be fine,good luck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve

The repeated slamming may have bent the aluminium door frame inwards slightly. I had the same problem soom time ago. It can be remedied by carefully pulling off the rubber seal in the latch area to expose the frame. Then using suitable grips you can carefully bend the frame outwards until the door closes correctly. Finally refit the seal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts