Narrowed down a choice of vans

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Significantly, few franchised caravan dealers will take on warranty work for caravans they haven't sold - quite unlike franchised car dealers.
My last Swift was bought from a non franchised dealership in Devon. After having it nearly 12 months I booked it into Tilshead caravans for a service. They picked up cracking on the rear panel. There was a query from Swift that all prior service invoices had not been uploaded to their data base. A stamp in the handbook isn’t taken as proof of service. So I tracked down the previous service invoices carried out by the first owner at two different dealerships. Eventually when Swift were content Tilshead received authority to replace the rear panel. So there is an example of a non selling dealer undertaking warranty work. But this was pre Covid and before the massive surge in leisure vehicle ownership.

Reactions: redelf
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My last Swift was bought from a non franchised dealership in Devon. After having it nearly 12 months I booked it into Tilshead caravans for a service. They picked up cracking on the rear panel. There was a query from Swift that all prior service invoices had not been uploaded to their data base. A stamp in the handbook isn’t taken as proof of service. So I tracked down the previous service invoices carried out by the first owner at two different dealerships. Eventually when Swift were content Tilshead received authority to replace the rear panel. So there is an example of a non selling dealer undertaking warranty work. But this was pre Covid and before the massive surge in leisure vehicle ownership.
Makes you wonder why the previous dealerships never registered the services with Swift?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Makes you wonder why the previous dealerships never registered the services with Swift?
Yes that struck me too as they were Swift franchises. Could it be incompetence? Initially they were reluctant to provide me the information, citing GDPR. But with suitable redactions of the previous owners name/address etc Swift accepted them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts