Caravan For Tall People

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello all.

I’ve just joined your forum and ask for some of your expertise help please for a caravan for tallish people? (I’m over 6’ 4”)

The following narrows our choice down to a single caravan so wondered if anyone else knows of any others that might fit the bill please, as there’s not many around Suffolk.

We’ve been looking at a few and decided on a layout best suited for me and family:
  • Such a SWIFT CHALLENGER 540.
  • Main lights set above the cupboards 4 berth – MUST HAVE.
  • Centre table can be taken out to make a larger double bed.
  • Fixed bed.
  • Toilet/shower besides the fixed bed .
  • Window by the basin.

Its got a good open layout that we want to stick with and more importantly it’s got the main lights set above the cupboards and not in the middle of the roof ready to scalp me every time I move about.

Also the centre table can be taken out to make a larger double bed, were me & my wife will be sleeping, but we will use and want the draws/table.

Our budget is around £10k.

Many thanks indeed.
Stephen

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Coachman headroom 6'5" not sure if that allows for the ceiling lights or not, but in that budget they wouldn't do a 4 berth without ceiling lights. I think going back a few years to your budget there was more headroom in VIP's and Pastiches than the Amara but now they are all the same.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I have an Eldiss Avante 526 and a 6ft 2 son. There are no ceiling lights, all around cupboards instead. He sleeps Ok on the front lounge made up ino a double. He does sleep alone on it though! Our shower is very bijou and he would struggle in there but we use site facilities mostly.
mel

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have a 2008 Bailey Discovery Mercury and my husband is 6ft 5 ins Tall and he has no problems with his height in our van so in that case have a look at the Bailey Caravans Range ........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts