Caravan Guarantees

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anyone tell me why caravan guarantees are different from Car Guarantees ? If I buy any make of car, any fault developing is covered by the manufacturer irespective of who made the part. The part would have the same length of guarantee as the car. Depite my caravan having a three year guarantee, I'm told by my dealer that the window manufacturer only gives a one year guarantee. An upholstery problem had to be referred to the manufacturer of the cushions. Why should caravan manufacturers shirk their responsibilities. Afterall we buy a caravan complete - not in pieces.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hello Don. I am not a lawyer, but I believe that you should not need to deal with different companies for warranty failures. It is the immutable responsibility of the seller (in retail and commercial transactions) to ensure the goods are fit for the stated or usual purpose and therefor their responsibility to Honor warranty claims. If you use a credit finance, then technically the finance house is the seller and you should address warranty issues to them. Some manufactures offer additional warranty benefits. These cannot replace your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods act. So always refer warranty problems to your seller. If they don't act on them seek assistance from the Trading Standards officer or a solicitor.

Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
Barrons at Chorley repaired our caravan cooker under warranty on our 4 year old Bailey Pageant without any problem. We had the 'van serviced each year by them which extended the warranty to 5 years!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts