Caravan has arrived!

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Well, as planned our 4 year old Lunar Venus 320/2 turned up today, towed all the way from Essex to us 'ere in sunny Dorzet. Bearing in mind we had never seen it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,absolutely fantastic. Full service record, immaculate throughout, every conceivable extra, all paperwork from day 1 etc. etc. One burning question: Is it best to leave it plugged in to the house 230v system all the time? Battery meter is reading 13.5v. Sure there will be lots of other newbie questions......but so far......so good. Time for a beer!. Simon.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Until you get a solar panel fitted (if you consider this route) then yes it's the easiest way to keep the battery topped up. Glad everything went to plan, sounds like you've bagged a good 'un :cheer:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Wow that was a brave thing to do, buy a van without looking at it!!!
But so glad it has turned out alright and you are happy with it.
Different people have different ideas about plugging in 24/7
Mine is plugged in 2 to 3 days each time before we use it and so far have had no probs.
Enjoy the beer Simon :)

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Great, will leave it plugged in all the time. It came with a briefcase style solar panel which is only 13w. Led to believe that it should be used for topping up the battery when EHU is not available, and care taken when using the electrics.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
imho, 13w won't be much good for anything. The best thing you can do if going off EHU is change any halogen lights to LED.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
PHOENIXFLIER said:
Well, as planned our 4 year old Lunar Venus 320/2 turned up today, towed all the way from Essex to us 'ere in sunny Dorzet. Bearing in mind we had never seen it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,absolutely fantastic. Full service record, immaculate throughout, every conceivable extra, all paperwork from day 1 etc. etc. One burning question: Is it best to leave it plugged in to the house 230v system all the time? Battery meter is reading 13.5v. Sure there will be lots of other newbie questions......but so far......so good. Time for a beer!. Simon.

Great news!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hope all goes well. Have to agree that the solar panel is too small to do any real good. If facing the sun it should just about keep the battery topped up but that is all.

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Just I thought I would check some battery figures.
All taken at ten minute intervals:
At rest 13.17v
Solar panel 14.51v
13a mains supply 13.71v
13pin via car 14.91v
Interesting.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Great news. As said brave thing to do, that. Sounds as though it's the bees knees, enjoy your van

Whens your first (shake down) trip planed?

I have my van hooked up on a timer, couple of hours a day keeps the battery topped up.

I have no solar panel but the other readings very similar to mine. You will need the 14.5 from the car to trip your smart relay, plus charge the van battery and run fridge when towing.

And keep your third eye open and avoid them there tractors

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Brilliant idea about the timer, will do the same as worried about charging to much, especially as the weather is warming up.
First shake down will be to Salisbury. Site is in easy bike distance to town / beer, and same to Old Sarum Airfield (Planes / beer),
Hopefully, Easter weekend chocolate / beer!
Simon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts