Caravan instruction books.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our recently aquired second-hand van came with a pile of instruction books for the fridge, heater, water heater system, the van itself etc. I thought I would have the necessary information for everything. However, I find that the heating system handbooks tell me how to install the system from scratch but give very brief and insufficient instructions for how to use it. The caravan book has details of all the possible variations of heating systems fitted except the one that is actually fitted. The 'van handbook refers to the tyre pressures 'as quoted in the specifications' except there isn't a 'specifications' section. I don't know if this is typical but why is the information supplied with 'vans so poor?

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi Catcher

I have to agree with you on this one. As with lots of other caravan issues, it seems to me that manufacturers could learn a lot from car manufacturers who also buy in components, but do at least offer the owner a single integrated handbook.

However, having the installation manuals can be useful. When I removed the fridge, I discovered that the installation, although flued correctly, was not to the fridge manufactures specification. My pet hate is the booklets that are 1/4" thick but only contain 6 pages of English instructions!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts