Caravan insurance thought the club super 5cs

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

just been/come back from Ferry Medows caravan club site.and had my rather expensive moutinbike nicked it was padlocked to the front of van they used bolt cutters to cut lock . my question is i have Super 5cs incurance does this cover my bike or not . any help in this matter would be great as they are not open till monday at 9am so cant find out till then

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello simon,

When you take out insurance, the company will have provided you with a the policy details that explains the cover and any limitations that have been applied to your policy which you agreed to.

I suggest you check your policy details rather than relying on third party advice on this form that might not apply to you.

You may find that your bikes are covered by your household insurance - so again check your policy details.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Simon

Sorry to hear that.

I assume you have reported the theft to the Polioce and the site warden? The Police should have given you a crime reference number.

As far as I am concerned the CC Super 5c's only covers contents whilst inside the caravan. Your mountain was not inside the caravan.

Surely you have full all risks insurance cover for the bike on your household insurance?

Did you ask the CC to insure the bicycle??

However, Section 2, exclusion 1 specificaly excludes cycles. Say no more.

Sorry but I am not confident you will succeed with CC.

Speak to CC tomorrow but don't hold your breath.

Let us all know what happens .

Cheers

Dustydog

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello simon,

When you take out insurance, the company will have provided you with a the policy details that explains the cover and any limitations that have been applied to your policy which you agreed to.

I suggest you check your policy details rather than relying on third party advice on this form that might not apply to you.

You may find that your bikes are covered by your household insurance - so again check your policy details.
i have rang my house insurance . they said i quote they are not insured as they where not stolen from your home . They then tried to sell me a policy that did cover them but i could not claim .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts