Caravan insurance

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

Thinking of upgrading our caravan and searching the web for suitable insurance cover. Just wondered if anyone has had dealings with the insurance company Cover 4 Caravans their quote was £236.16 thought this was cheap but not sure of the company.

All info greatly received

many thanks x

Feb 12, 2008
Visit site
I feel I should reply to this question as I am a Director of Cover4.

We are part of Alan Blunden & Company Limited and our business has been established 60 years. We have never made a financial loss and we employ 53 staff.

If you log onto our website (www.cover4caravans.co.uk) you can now even watch our video which hopefully demonstrates our commitment to customer service.

Our rating is unique (as far as my knowledge tells me) as we rate on a number of factors including age, post code, values, caravan makes, claims history etc.

That means that if you hit the right criteria our rates will be very good indeed.

Please feel free to call me directly on 0870 066 8018 if you need any other information.

Richard

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard,

Can you please tell us exactly what special policy conditions and warranties your policy has in regard to theft cover whilst the caravan is left unattended.

Many thanks

Cheers

Alan

Feb 12, 2008
Visit site
Hi Richard,

Can you please tell us exactly what special policy conditions and warranties your policy has in regard to theft cover whilst the caravan is left unattended.

Many thanks

Cheers

Alan
Alan,

I have to be careful when replying here as the forum is obviously not a place to inadvertently advertise our services so I will reply but would ask any further questions to be made via our web site and free phone number unless the forum moderator offers permission otherwise.

Our security warranty is simple and we ask that touring caravans are fitted with a hitchlock and wheel clamp whilst left unattended - on site or in storage or at home.

When attached to the towing vehicle but left unattended we ask that a wheel clamp is fitted.

We do use a number of insurers but I have insisted that our security requirements remain the same so we do not confuse our customers.

Our web site clearly shows the requirements and you can access the Key facts documents etc - we also email these after you have receievd your online quotation.

We also ask that we are notified if you change the storage location of your touring caravan.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Richard,

I understand. I believe it is imperative that anyone wishing to maintain continuous theft cover with their insurer must fully comply with the security requirements.

Personally I find it far too onerous to attach the wheel clamps when we want to use a motorway rest area. Thus we take it in turns for relief and have a brew up on board.

I appreciate there are opportunist thieves cruising the service area looking for an unsecured caravan to steal.

Cheers

Alan

Feb 12, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Richard,

I understand. I believe it is imperative that anyone wishing to maintain continuous theft cover with their insurer must fully comply with the security requirements.

Personally I find it far too onerous to attach the wheel clamps when we want to use a motorway rest area. Thus we take it in turns for relief and have a brew up on board.

I appreciate there are opportunist thieves cruising the service area looking for an unsecured caravan to steal.

Cheers

Alan
Alan,

Totally agree, theft used to be a massive problem but it really has reduced dramatically but is that because of the security we insist upon or the changing desiriability, or rather lack of it.

I am campaigning to try and change the hearts and minds of our traditional insurers but this is at times trying to knock your heads against a brick wall.

For next season I am trying to get a higher excess for service stations stops which will allow wheel clamps not to be put on during this time but with the looming recesssion this makes our insurers particularly worry about increasing thefts.

If the Police Forces would just record Caravan Theft as a catefory of theft like they do "Car Theft" we would actually be able to see the nationwide trend.

Any how I must be boring now it's just that I care as much as you.

Richard

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Richard,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your input to the forum and I am sure others will find the content of your posts informative.

There seems to be such a wide difference in quotes for the same vans that getting a level playing field, with clear and unambiguous requirements would certainly be good for Caravanners and I am sure for insurers.

We can live in hope.

Aug 30, 2008
Visit site
Hello Richard,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your input to the forum and I am sure others will find the content of your posts informative.

There seems to be such a wide difference in quotes for the same vans that getting a level playing field, with clear and unambiguous requirements would certainly be good for Caravanners and I am sure for insurers.

We can live in hope.
Yes thank you Richard,will now go to your company for a quote for my new burgundy series 7.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts