Caravan jack

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have an old air-bag jack which is inflated by the exhaust. It works a treat on any surface, and is totally effortless on my part, once I've thrown it under the van (or car)It doesn't need to be positioned, as its surface area is about tw0 feet in diameter,and is very soft. A woderful bit of kit, but I've not seen them advertised for some time. Probably some EU directive preventing their use now!

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
dean

I've got a similar one from Toolstation which was about the same price. I'm now in the process of making two brackets to fit in the holes supplied in the chassis.

This jack is identical to the one supplied by Purpleline Kojak lite which is priced around

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
What happens if you call out a breakdown service to change a wheel ,does he just put his big trolley jack under the axle and lift,from what your saying a big no no.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi I have a S5 pagent.I have tried several types of Jack,all have pro's & cons

Trolley Jack,can be used under axle beam or under axle plate behind wheel.heavy & big to carry in car or van.difficult to position & pump when tyre is flat & when mover & wheel carrier is fitted.

small bottle jack, will not fit under axle or axle plate when tyre is flat ,also difficult to fit & operate with mover / w/carrier fitted.

1 Tonn Pyramid 12v scissor jack, jacking points supplied tend to bend,&,fuses blow if jack used from near closed position (jacking point plates bend very easily)

Kojack,jacking point plates very substantial,jack fits easily with flat tyre.Jack lifts van (1360kg)with ease.it also can replace normal car jack & saves carrying 2 jacks,The new version is lighter than the version 1 Both easy to use for leveling up on site

Not tried ALKO jack due to varying reports

Tony

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i keep jack in van use for wheels and levelling no more unloading car boot for car jack.used it first time to put winter wheels on so much quicker and safer than scissor jack

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When we lost the van wheel the RAC man could not get his jack under the van so he had to raise the van a little on the chassis rail and then the Kojack was used

He was a caravanner and impressed with the Kojack

My Kojack(original type) fits the X Trail jacking points and jack storage place so only one jack is needed for car and van

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts