Caravan & Motorhome Off-Grid Group - CAMOGG

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I did a search on here and did not find any reference to the subject matter.

The claimed aims would appear to be to provide a database of sites (e.g. CL's, CS's etc.) where there is no EHU and low pitch prices; also to give some impetus to help small sites to remain open and encouragement for new sites to be established.

Another main focus is to provide information on equipment and gives tips on how be self sufficient and comfortable without EHU.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/776111959458109/

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The C&CC is made up of District Associations (DAs) from all over the UK.
Most of these DA's hold weekend rallies, many of which are off grid.
C&CC members are allowed to attend any DA rally anywhere in the country, irrespective of where their 'home's DA happens to be. Unless otherwise stated in the monthly C&CC magazine there is no requirement to pre book for DA rallies, you simply turn up, show your membership and pay the fee.
Most weekends are inexpensive, some book village halls for evening entertainment and some don't.
We've rallied in places where camping wouldn't normally be allowed, the grounds of stately homes, a castle deer park, historic pubs etc.
I imagine that the C&MHC have similar arrangements.
If you want to camp off grid, often with minimal facilities try DA rallies, you won't regret it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Was it the C&MHC or the C&Cc that had the one at Hove recently. Mostly Motorhomes I noticed.

Get us folks a bad name.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
With the C&CC, caravans,motorhomes and tents are welcome. The tenters tend to stay away in the cooler months.

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
Anseo said:
I did a search on here and did not find any reference to the subject matter.

The claimed aims would appear to be to provide a database of sites (e.g. CL's, CS's etc.) where there is no EHU and low pitch prices; also to give some impetus to help small sites to remain open and encouragement for new sites to be established.

Another main focus is to provide information on equipment and gives tips on how be self sufficient and comfortable without EHU.

]https://www.facebook.com/groups/776111959458109/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/776111959458109/[/quote
This group is proving useful for providing technical information for those wishing to go "off-grid" as well as advertising the social aspects of such sites.

The comments above about DA meetings arranged by both clubs are valid, and are also being dissipated via the Facebook group.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......the C&MHC has an extensive network of local centres that organise meets all year round.

These meets have facilities ranging from the minimum of Fresh water tap and a toilet disposal point to meets held at full facility camp sites.
The Centres all have websites that list the rallies they have organised and how they can be booked.
Many rallies have a theme or are local to an organised event.......most give the ability to stay at sites not otherwise available.

These rallies are legally organised with all permissions sought and granted.

Click here........for info and the extensive choice available.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Was it the C&MHC or the C&Cc that had the one at Hove recently. Mostly Motorhomes I noticed.

Get us folks a bad name.

The caravans and motorhomes congregated illegally in a public park / open space owned by Brighton and Hove City council.
They were moved on by police officers.

None of the clubs mentioned would ever be involved in such a mass illegal trespass.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Parksy,

So happens I have a couple of DA meets booked for the near future, one of which is off grid on the shores of Loch Lomond at the grand cost of a 'few bob' :) .

Now that I am retired I intend to make much more use of DA's etc.

I agree with what you say, I just haven't had the chance to enjoy the opportunities yet.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure that you'll enjoy DA rallying Anseo, we learned quite a lot about using our caravan to it's full potential off grid and we also made some great friends.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts