Caravan / Motorhome ratio

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Eldiss are putting the problem down to parts supplies including chassis and say they can sell all they would build if the parts were there. I suspect the chassis bit is for motorhomes, unless ALKO are short of caravan ones..
Previously Elddis until Covid built to order and you waited up to 4 months for delivery. Then the bubble burst on sales during and just after Covid and it is my understanding that they now have excess stock which needs shifting.

Aug 29, 2022
Visit site
There are pros and cons with either. If you intend to just drive somewhere set up and stay there for two weeks and then come home again, get a caravan. If you like to stay somewhere two or three days and then move around in my opinion, get a motorhome. We have a Sprinter van and within five minutes we are plugged in and chairs out having a drink. We see people with caravans taking ages to get set up. Legs down. Back and forwards. Fetching water etc. I just pull up the handbrake and connect the electrics.

Converting a van is expensive, but you can DIY camper van and save some money. Personally, I want the project, so I enjoy spending all my spare time building out the van. But if you are more interested in using it than making it, then I suggest buying something already made.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRT and Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts