Breakdown and Recovery

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Taking into account my past experiences, please do not associate with me as it seems I am extremely unlucky. LOL! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Spoke too soon. Engine management light on car is now lit up, but performance not affected. Guess we will need to contact Mayday as unsure of driving vehicle?

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Spoke too soon. Engine management light on car is now lit up, but performance not affected. Guess we will need to contact Mayday as unsure of driving vehicle?
Hope it's nothing serious. Sometimes I dread going out in my hi tech car because if it goes wrong there's no chance of fixing at the roadside and will cost a few body limbs or organs to fix in a garage.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hope it's nothing serious. Sometimes I dread going out in my hi tech car because if it goes wrong there's no chance of fixing at the roadside and will cost a few body limbs or organs to fix in a garage.
Mayday came and cleared the issue, Not sure if a permanent fix or just temporary? Here is hoping as still another 10 days of holiday left. Weird fault code as something to do with fuel and a tank.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Mayday came and cleared the issue, Not sure if a permanent fix or just temporary? Here is hoping as still another 10 days of holiday left. Weird fault code as something to do with fuel and a tank.
Not your fault - but mechanics clearing warning lights and sending you on your way without investigating the issue is a cop-out - the electronics found a fault and set the warning light on - the fault is still there and may come back to bite you, although I hope not.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Not your fault - but mechanics clearing warning lights and sending you on your way without investigating the issue is a cop-out - the electronics found a fault and set the warning light on - the fault is still there and may come back to bite you, although I hope not.
On a friend's, 2008 VW Toureg, the fuel tank vent line was blocked and If he done long Motorway runs , that would bring on the Engine management light. Took ages to find.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
On a friend's, 2008 VW Toureg, the fuel tank vent line was blocked and If he done long Motorway runs , that would bring on the Engine management light. Took ages to find.
The warning seem to indicate that sort of problem. There was no issue with the car when I parked it up the day before. It then sat in the hot sun for a couple of hours. On starting it the next morning, Engine Management Light came on.

The code was for a fault in the Power Control Module and related to fuel and a tank? The technician could not understand the fault due to the way it was worded and neither could myself, but then I am not a mechanic. I have an OBD unit, but that is in a drawer at home.

I am not sure if the deleted fault code can be accessed by a dealership?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You must have more “Something else has failed “ T shirts than the rest of is put together🤪
I had a similar on the Touareg 3 years ago. The favourite was the Lamda sensor unit on the exhaust .My local engineer has an expensive lap top diagnostic . Plugged in it drilled down going through the EVU data. In 30 seconds he identified it as a failed number 5 glow plug.
Performance wasn’t affected. He changed all the glow plugs and never charged me for the diagnostics. A main dealer will probably want at least £75.
Don’t let it spoil your holiday👍

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You must have more “Something else has failed “ T shirts than the rest of is put together🤪
I had a similar on the Touareg 3 years ago. The favourite was the Lamda sensor unit on the exhaust .My local engineer has an expensive lap top diagnostic . Plugged in it drilled down going through the EVU data. In 30 seconds he identified it as a failed number 5 glow plug.
Performance wasn’t affected. He changed all the glow plugs and never charged me for the diagnostics. A main dealer will probably want at least £75.
Don’t let it spoil your holiday👍
Sadly the vehicle has now gone into limp mode and can hardly get up even a slight incline. No issue yesterday when we drove to Newton Abbott. Now no chance of it towing a caravan. Local Jeep dealer in Exeter can only look at it in Sept so no good to us.

We are booked onto the current site until Sunday when we are supposed to go to Back of Beyond until the following Sunday. Not sure if Mayday would be willing to take us to Back of Beyond and then collect us a week later to take us home.

First long holiday we have had since OH was released from hospital and now everything is going pear shape. :cry:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sadly the vehicle has now gone into limp mode and can hardly get up even a slight incline. No issue yesterday when we drove to Newton Abbott. Now no chance of it towing a caravan. Local Jeep dealer in Exeter can only look at it in Sept so no good to us.

We are booked onto the current site until Sunday when we are supposed to go to Back of Beyond until the following Sunday. Not sure if Mayday would be willing to take us to Back of Beyond and then collect us a week later to take us home.

First long holiday we have had since OH was released from hospital and now everything is going pear shape. :cry:
The response from Jeep Exeter makes the caravan industry look efficient. It will probably be a sensor somewhere but finding it and replacing it shouldn’t be a problem to a garage with decent diagnostics. Are there any Jeep independents within range? Otherwise good luck with Mayday in transferring you between sites and then back home.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My Mayday cover will take the car to a garage who can do the fix. Meanwhile they will tow the caravan to our scheduled next holiday location.
Says a lot for a Jeep Dealer if they have a three month waiting list. Even a caravan dealer is better!
A good independent or auto electrician should be able to resolve the problem. Good luck

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My Mayday cover will take the car to a garage who can do the fix. Meanwhile they will tow the caravan to our scheduled next holiday location.
Says a lot for a Jeep Dealer if they have a three month waiting list. Even a caravan dealer is better!
A good independent or auto electrician should be able to resolve the problem. Good luck
The dealer has one service area for all the different makes of cars as don't solely deal with Jeep. No idea of any Indy's local who can do a repair. :(

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You are in Newton Abbott?
One of our Woosies and Forumites is a local. I can ask him who can help locally if you wish?
Thanks for the offer and woudl be grateful for any advice. We are closer to Paignton. Had a long chat with Mayday and they are sending a technician who will check the vehicle again and then make a decision about uplifting and also whether a local garage can do it tomorrow. Somehow I doubt it. probably stand a better chance if they uplift us to Christchurch as then a week to sort out the issue. If not, then it is home for us. :cry:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Mayday have come around again to check and fault code is P24F3-00 "Reductant tank temperature / fuel temperature correlation". No one seems to know what it means.

Internet states; Character "P" in the first position of Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) represents the powertrain system (engine and transmission), "2" in the second position means that this is a ISO/SAE controlled OBD-II (OBD2) DTC. "4" in the third character position in a DTC indicates that the auxiliary emission controls system is experiencing a malfunction. The last two characters "F3" is DTC number. OBD2 Diagnostic Trouble Code P24F3 means that Reductant Tank Temperature/Fuel Temperature Correlation has been detected.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mayday have come around again to check and fault code is P24F3-00 "Reductant tank temperature / fuel temperature correlation". No one seems to know what it means.

Internet states; Character "P" in the first position of Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) represents the powertrain system (engine and transmission), "2" in the second position means that this is a ISO/SAE controlled OBD-II (OBD2) DTC. "4" in the third character position in a DTC indicates that the auxiliary emission controls system is experiencing a malfunction. The last two characters "F3" is DTC number. OBD2 Diagnostic Trouble Code P24F3 means that Reductant Tank Temperature/Fuel Temperature Correlation has been detected.
Wonder if with that info Jeep technical might be able to help, or possibly Jeep Forums. Alternatively your own dealer might be able to cast light on it.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Wonder if with that info Jeep technical might be able to help, or possibly Jeep Forums. Alternatively your own dealer might be able to cast light on it.
Thanks. There is a possibility that it has something to do with the Adblue system, but unsure. The Jeep technician at our dealer is away until about 15th July.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In the meantime we are looking to hire a car in Paignton, but it seems they do not do delivery or collection? Didn't really want to be stuck on the caravan site for the next 3 days.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
In the meantime we are looking to hire a car in Paignton, but it seems they do not do delivery or collection? Didn't really want to be stuck on the caravan site for the next 3 days.
If you have Mayday Premium UK, don't you get a hire car for 72 hours. Whilst they try and repair your car.
Myself I would be heading homeward .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you have Mayday Premium UK, don't you get a hire car for 72 hours. Whilst they try and repair your car.
Myself I would be heading homeward .
They have offered us the hire car, but for the trip home and not to drive around for the 3 days. We have accepted this offer, but would like something in the meantime as nothing within walking distance for us. Tried Enterprise but fully booked. Still searching.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Is there a car hire place within a reasonable taxi ride? Is there Uber in them parts?
Hope you can get something sorted
Mel

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts